Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 06:13:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: how to deal with wrong slogan logos ?  (Read 2118 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: November 25, 2010, 10:28:37 PM »

do you think it would be ok to exclude them from banner rotating ?
just to make a clean CI, they would be moved to the /logos/inactive section of the gallery

huh?

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 11:21:07 PM »

I actually thought about that recently.

Maybe move them all to a new gallery section, out of the rotation - BUT - at the same time announce a new contest!  For a new slogan to be added to the rotation. 

All alternate worded banners entered automatically unless the author says otherwise, and the prize is just having the alternate slogan be yours!

Nothing wrong with having 2 wordings, but too many can be a problem.

Even adding one a year would not be bad.  It could become the "Winter" Contest.  Like tree rings, it could mark our growth.  1 new wording option added each year?

As for judging, make the votes ratings like before, but hidden.  Plus, that way, if a terrible one actually wins, we can have a staff discussion and decide whether it's appropriate. 

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 12:21:08 AM »

do you think it would be ok to exclude them from banner rotating ?
just to make a clean CI, they would be moved to the /logos/inactive section of the gallery

huh?

agreed

Sock I think your idea of tree rings is too complex. I would stick with one slogan. Maybe there could be a pop up with a reminder of the official slogan when the category "Banner Logos" is selected : is that technically possible?

I like your idea of hidden votes. I still can't figure out how the stars system works and how top rated in the last 30 days is defined  huh? huh?. How come a 1 5-star image can be above a 5 5-stars one?

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 04:31:46 AM »

it should be noted in the description of the logo section of the gallery, we actually do not have gallery section descriptions, they are displayed at the top of a gallery i think, will check that!

---

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 01:59:45 AM »

I really think varying the slogan is "The Will of The People" and it will keep happening no matter what we do!

Here's a new one, just added:

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=4432

Perhaps a contest to limit their choices in the rotation isn't such a bad idea after all...

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 11:57:42 AM »

hmmm... have to think about it...

on the one hand it could be a chaotic slogan varying around the word "infinity", on the other hand one single slogan would be more clean....

---

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 01:18:01 PM »

I think maybe either making a thread with a poll "out there" or perhaps moving this thread where all can see it, is the best course of action.

That way we can get a feel for what the members really want of the place.  It's mostly their forum, we just "mind the house" and keep things running smoothly.  But without the members, this place would be empty...

I say we find out how they feel about this.  I agree the slogans are getting out of hand, and those in the rotation should be limited, but maybe the existing one could either be changed or allowed to have a variant or 2, but not infinite variants!  That's why I suggested adding one a year via contest.  But whatever is decided is fine with me.  It just seems that they are having fun varying it and that should influence whatever decision is made.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 02:05:19 PM »

ok,i make this thread public

---

Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 07:25:45 PM »

I was wondering why only moderators where posting here untill I read the last post cheesy cheesy

My tuppence worth: I strongly feel for one slogan only. It creates identity (Although I must admit that one slogan is somewhat at odds with a community that is exploring chaos  wink). There 's however no reason to not change the slogan once in a while. A competition might be an interesting way to see what some of the creative minds of FF will come up with!

Marco

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
The Rev
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 05:13:04 AM »

There are some good "wrong" slogans ("The Infinities are Possible" for example) and then there are some potentially bad "wrong" slogans ("Sucks with Infinite Force" perhaps).  Most that are up there are just variants of the proper slogan, and reflect the creativity of the group here.

It seems to me that, unless someone complains, why not leave it open ended?  Handle "wrong" slogans on a banner by banner basis, and see what happens(?).

The Rev
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: