Logo by DarkBeam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 04:55:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Need help...Is there a way...  (Read 594 times)
Description: How can I port the color settings of the navigator to the program???
Frank
Forums Newbie

« on: November 23, 2010, 01:19:47 PM »

Is there a way to get the colors and lighting displayed into the actual program via "view" or some other means???  I have no trouble with the actual image, but often-times I LOVE the colors utilized by the Navigator box, but struggle mightily to match them, or even come close!   embarrass

Here is a perfect example:

Any help would be MOST appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and best regards,

Frank S.

* MandelbulbScreen.jpg (163.51 KB, 1406x648 - viewed 86 times.)
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 09:10:57 PM »

There is no way to do it unfortunately. Jesse has explained in it several threads I think. In the particular case you submit, I would increase ambient shadows, re-work a little bit the color palette and play with the Col. start and Col. end sliders, you're close!

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 10:00:18 PM »

The new DEAO ambient shadow should come closer to the navigators shadowing, having in mind that the navigator uses a simple fake AO that gives sometimes good looking results, often not.
Also setting the "Z/R Threshold" to a high value can give similar results, maybe in combination with the dynamic fog slider somewhat to the left side.

You might post the parameters so we could try what comes close.
Frank
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 03:56:32 AM »

Well, I think I found an acceptable way to fairly approximate the settings (particularly the color settings) in the Navigator.  I used a screen saver (MWSnap) to capture the Navigator screen, save it as a JPEG and open it in Photoshop.  I then used the color sampler (eyedropper) to tell me the R,G,and B settings of various foreground and background structures, then went back into Mandelbulb and entered them where appropriate.  It didn't take long to work it out to my satisfaction.

Not exactly the most elegant, and certainly not the preferred way to accomplish the task, but I'm pleased with the ultimate outcome, so it was worth the work-around.  Many thanks to those who responded so promptly.  I promise to spend lots of time exploring the various threads during my time off from work in an effort to avoid asking the same question as has already been asked and answered ad nauseum.  I know how tiring it can be for the "old timers" to hand-hold us newbies.

P.S.  Once again, the output was a most remarkable architectural miracle.  I'm absolutely blown away.  I know this is all somehow VERY important, meaningful and intimately related to the laws of nature, but I JUST can't wrap my head around or grasp the relationship.  In many ways, this is torture!!!

Best to all,

Frank S.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: