Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 07:58:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: My 1st IFS animation  (Read 5626 times)
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« on: November 02, 2010, 09:12:20 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrxFBeXirDQ&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/hrxFBeXirDQ&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Not sure what happened to the coloring.  Each image had a nicer color??  Also would like to have had image stay just a lil bit longer.
Any comments/sugestions welcome.

The Rev
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 09:22:36 PM »

I like the way it teases you with just a quick look at each transformation.  That was cool.

The Rev
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »

Also would like to have had image stay just a lil bit longer.
Any comments/sugestions welcome.

To make each image stay longer, just set a duplicate keyframe of the same image.  Then choose the number of frames you want it to stay on screen, and proceed as usual.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 02:34:58 AM »

please, please please, do not make the images stand longer, make em more smooth, this is by calculating far more images for your sequences,
the human eye perceives a fluid motion at 25 frames per second, please do not ever use any lower framerates than that

and for me as a computer nerd, an animation gets "smooth" at 50 frames per second, but this is not appropriate for movies, so stick to the 25 frames limit
please, i think the video at the top already has a 2 low display rate for images

if you want to achieve a certain effect, like a still image, make it go smooth to the still point, this means by lowering the acceleration slowly to 0, this
way you can freeze the movie at that point without jerky framerates ....

just an advice from me

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 07:34:11 PM »

Thanks all!  I believe it was 35 frames per sec.  But then I slightly lowered the spped. Done with Fractal Explorer.  Also my PC is very old & decrepid cry  Has taken a life of it's own since I "fixed" it myself.  embarrass  Pretty sure that is the coloring problem.  I have with anims. gone to 50 frames per sec. I have io admit it is fun to watch the tranformations.  But then since I'm new at this (1st yr) I am easily impressed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: