Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 06:49:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Linear noises  (Read 2630 times)
Description: There are some noises in some renders.
mehrdadart
Alien

« on: October 23, 2010, 03:43:59 AM »

Hi friends,

I have found some circular linear noises on the surfaces of my recent render just like what another guy had had here: http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/mandelbulb-3d-v1-6-3/  (those two images in the page sited at this link)   snore

By changing the "Ambient Shadows" to "Better SSAO" they decrease but never vanish. Do not you have any idea to resolve them from the surfaces? I tried many variants without any satisfying result.

Cheers,
Mehrdad
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 07:34:49 AM »

I see that when, in the Light menu (under object coloring), the color start and color end sliders are close together.

Try moving them apart.  That may do it.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
mehrdadart
Alien

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 10:13:39 AM »

Hi friend,

No, that does not help. They are far from each other with an acceptable distance at the moment and I tried other settings with them also without any change in the result.   angry  angry  angry

Any way thanks for your notice.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 01:58:02 PM »

That's odd.

Does it happen with all light sets, or just the one you want to use?

If you don't mind posting the m3p text parameters, maybe somebody will have a chance to look and see if they can spot the problem.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
mehrdadart
Alien

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 02:45:16 PM »

I have attached the M3P file to take a look at. It should be mentioned that this render is very slower than any other render i have ever had in Mandelbulb 3D!!! I don't know why.

* Mehrdad.m3p (1.93 KB - downloaded 208 times.)
blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 04:59:28 PM »

By increasing the zend value to -0.45....... I could render the image at 1600x1600 in under 9 minutes on my single core AMD Athlon 64 2.6Ghz without losing too much stuff in the background. I consider this to be a fast render.

As for banding, unless I wrong of course, I don't think there is any but there are details that looks like there is some and the solution to reduce that is antialasing by downsizing either directly in M3D or in an external editor.

Nice image btw.

* Mehrdads.jpg (92.51 KB, 506x506 - viewed 325 times.)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 05:07:22 PM by blob » Logged
mehrdadart
Alien

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 06:23:25 PM »

Hi dude!

Thank you much for putting time to render my image! Yeah you're right they are very little bit noises but those small ones become a large disaster when reflect the light at edges! The light does not look straightly sharp there. But, why did you change the Zend? What does that do? I have never changed it manually.  alien
mehrdadart
Alien

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 06:39:34 PM »

What did you mean with"antialasing by downsizing either directly in M3D"? How is that possible in M3D?

Best
M
blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 07:37:48 PM »

Well I changed the zend value to speed up the render, with the original value it would have taken much longer to render it.

To downsize in M3D you've got to use the scale buttons (and save a scaled down image).

And I am thinking you could try reducing the amount of specular light and/or change the specular light formula to a less sharp one to improve your problem areas (obviously at the expense of changing a bit the general aspect of the "material").

afro
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: