Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 02:36:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: eNZedBlue's Banner entry  (Read 4979 times)
eNZedBlue
« on: December 01, 2006, 02:56:16 AM »

Hope you like it  smiley

I inverted the logo colours to make it work against a black background. Hopefully this is not a problem.

Cheers
zeldabob888
Navigator

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 03:10:10 AM »

Thats nice grin I really like the one on the far right, the green one X3

I'm 15 and failing Algebra 2... but FRACTALS, that is my cup of tea!!!
rloldershaw
Navigator

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 05:48:57 PM »

I think this is an especially fine candidate for the banner logo.

My only problem is that I also really like Titia's "Coordinate system/Broccoli" one (entry #1, I think)

Perhaps Coordinate Broccoli could be grafted into the middle of eNZedBlue's entry (where it is a bit weak).

Might be too busy?

Alternatively, what about a selection of the best 4 logos and a variable display, which changes every 3 days or so?

Rob
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »

Alternatively, what about a selection of the best 4 logos and a variable display, which changes every 3 days or so?

I kind of like that idea.  That would be interesting, and give the viewers something different to see.  Or we could go with seven choices that alternate everyday (at least I could visually keep track of the right day based upon the fractal banner).    wink

But, it might also not give any "standard" consistency to the Forum, having it change so often (whether daily or every 3 days or so).

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:12:42 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 01:07:29 AM »

If you want more than one banner, consider putting a different one in each category (there should be  a modification for this at the smf forum) (if not, try asking there!).

One for Community, One for Art, One for Software...  etc.

It would allow for variety and add distinctiveness to each category.

Just a thought.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
heneganj
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 10:09:36 PM »

I am not averse to rotating / changing banners, however I am a Windows man and shun PHP!  cheesy

Also, another opinion: GFWorld's 2nd banner - although in my opinion this may not be the strongest banner overall, it really hits the spot for a winter theme - i.e. shown in December (ok ok let's not argue when winter is!) as it's very holidays-season to me.

There are most definitely going to be different winners for different circumstances, but alas only 3 DVDs to give away..
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 10:12:26 PM by heneganj » Logged
matera
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 03:59:44 AM »

I don't know how you can shun PHP when you're running a forum based on it  LOL

Anyway all you need is a set of slightly different themes, one for each board, a  case of clone-and-hack-lightly.
heneganj
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 10:04:58 PM »

Ah you say that, but the dentist's drill is a tool, and I recognise I have to endure some pain every now and then to have healty teeth.  PHP too is a tool, but I don't go playing with it unless I really really have to because, like the drill, it causes me much pain (and $eyestrain)..   grin
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: