Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 10:47:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: fractal extreme saving par files.  (Read 1268 times)
zapranoth
« on: August 08, 2010, 10:45:11 PM »

is there any way to make fractal extreme save its par files as something that then can be opened by ultra fractal? its annoying to me that these programs all use different file types.
zapranoth
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:18:13 AM »

the reason why i want ultra fractal to open my renders is that, ultra fractal color cycle is much much smoother then fractal extreme. but fractal extreme renders faster and smoother then ultra fractal, so i enjoy using it to go through the mandel.
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »

I would not regard myself as an expert in fractal software
- but I am fairly sure that it is not possible to do what you want -

Between the two programs, there is a trade off between flexibility with the mathematical formulas in ultra fractal, and the render speed of deep zooms in fractal extreme.

If you wanted to make an animation of the Mandelbrot set but only wanted to manipulate the bailout value - or some other parameter that does not change the magnification - you will find that you can not do this in fractal extreme - but you can in ultra fractal, and of course if you want to deep zoom, you can go relatively deep in a realistic amount of time using fractal extreme - but not with ultra fractal. This is because fractal extreme does not use traditional methods to play back the animations it creates. fractal extreme uses a technique called tweening.

But your original question was
"is there any way to make fractal extreme save its par files as something that then can be opened by ultra fractal?"
No is the answer - however - as far as I know fractal extreme is fairly limited in the amount of fractal formulas it can render - and I am pretty sure that every fractal that is available in fractal extreme is also available in the ultra fractal formulas database.
(use the search fuction when you go to select a fractal formula to load)

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 04:57:24 PM »

you could copy and paste the location from one program to the other, i do not know a direct conversion between the 2 formats

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
zapranoth
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 06:53:22 PM »

I would not regard myself as an expert in fractal software
- but I am fairly sure that it is not possible to do what you want -

Between the two programs, there is a trade off between flexibility with the mathematical formulas in ultra fractal, and the render speed of deep zooms in fractal extreme.

If you wanted to make an animation of the Mandelbrot set but only wanted to manipulate the bailout value - or some other parameter that does not change the magnification - you will find that you can not do this in fractal extreme - but you can in ultra fractal, and of course if you want to deep zoom, you can go relatively deep in a realistic amount of time using fractal extreme - but not with ultra fractal. This is because fractal extreme does not use traditional methods to play back the animations it creates. fractal extreme uses a technique called tweening.

But your original question was
"is there any way to make fractal extreme save its par files as something that then can be opened by ultra fractal?"
No is the answer - however - as far as I know fractal extreme is fairly limited in the amount of fractal formulas it can render - and I am pretty sure that every fractal that is available in fractal extreme is also available in the ultra fractal formulas database.
(use the search fuction when you go to select a fractal formula to load)

thanks, as always you have been extremely helpful.

you could copy and paste the location from one program to the other, i do not know a direct conversion between the 2 formats

yeah i tried this but the location of where im at in fractal extreme is super cryptic and missing values when i go from one program to the other, its very unfortunate since as i said before ultra fractal color cycles soooo much smoother. but the speed at witch you go through the fractal is so much slower.
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 09:10:35 PM »

all you need is the real number - the imaginary number - and the magnification level.
these can be found in fractal extreme if you navigate in the fractal extreme menu as following...

location>show location> make sure "current" is selected.
then
location>set location

you will now have a window where you can copy&paste the necessary values into ultra fractal

ie: real number - imaginary number - magnification value

(note do not put zooms amount into magnification - you must copy the "magnification" value by hand it can not be copy&pasted - it is directly underneath the zooms value)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:13:30 PM by teamfresh » Logged

zapranoth
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 03:59:27 PM »

all you need is the real number - the imaginary number - and the magnification level.
these can be found in fractal extreme if you navigate in the fractal extreme menu as following...

location>show location> make sure "current" is selected.
then
location>set location

you will now have a window where you can copy&paste the necessary values into ultra fractal

ie: real number - imaginary number - magnification value

(note do not put zooms amount into magnification - you must copy the "magnification" value by hand it can not be copy&pasted - it is directly underneath the zooms value)

i got this working now, thank you. it was fractal extremes usage of "," to separate digits into groups of 3s that messed me up. very formal, lead me to believe that they were meant to represent different numbers.
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 10:04:17 PM »

glad to hear you have it working..... afro

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: