Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:09:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: UF mailing list  (Read 2447 times)
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« on: June 23, 2010, 08:46:03 PM »

Are there people here who receive it ?

I registered a few weeks ago. As a quite intensive UF user I thought this would be interesting to see what UF fans are doing together in this mailing list.

Unfortunately I find that the quality of discussions does not match at all what we can see here on this forum.

I find the parameters shared by participant very "beginner-style", and a lot of discussions are about basic issues such as "I've got an error when I paste a UPR..."  fiery evil

Do you think I should unregister or just wait until more interesting topics come up from time to time?  huh?

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
fractalrebel
Fractal Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »

The UF list used to be interesting,  but hasn't been for some time. Most of the action is on private lists, and even there the quality is usually poor. sad

fractalrebel
Fractal Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 10:02:30 PM »

I believe that part of the problem is that few have really made the effort to learn how to use the new object oriented approach, let alone learn how to write new plugins.  cry

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 12:13:51 AM »

Also people (especially newbies) used to post UPRs and ask for help with them but none of the newbies seem to do this anymore, so the more experienced list members are not getting any prompting - I believe part of the reason for this is that there are now far more tutorials and the like available elsewhere for UF (e.g. in various places at DA, the UF wiki, this forum, etc.) - two or three years ago none of that existed and the list was the only real source of help.

I should add to what Ron siad about the private lists (or one of them anyway) - it's not so much the quality of posts, it's rather the quantity - there's been less than one a fortnight for a while, at least the public UF list is getting some traffic smiley

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: