Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:02:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Sierpinsky dance  (Read 1744 times)
Description: Made with Mandelbulb 3D
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« on: June 17, 2010, 01:54:51 PM »

My first video with Mandelbulb 3D. This is a "simple" Sierpinsky animation with 5400 frames in 1080*768 rendered in 18 hours on my core i7

Watch in HD and fullscreen and enjoy smiley

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UExGx9rKEXY&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/UExGx9rKEXY&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 02:48:22 PM by bib » Logged

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 08:49:46 PM »

really nice smiley

The best part was between 0:00 and 3:01 smiley
hyperben2
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 11:39:24 AM »

Awesome. It looks like a neverending boiling structure.
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 02:47:10 PM »

Thanks for the comments smiley

It still does not match the quality and variety of Buddhi's K-IFS videos, but it's just a beginning cheesy

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 03:28:09 PM »

I have added Tchaikowsky's Swan lake as the soundtrack and it really gave me goose bumps, so turn up the volume and watch it again smileysmiley

kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 08:15:23 PM »

GREAT! That made it, like, a million times better cheesy
Now do you think you could change the parameters based on the music? That would be super awesome! If the fractal moves with the music cheesy
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 09:20:03 PM »

I have not studied that possibility indetail. Although I recognize it can give much better results, I think this is also too much time consuming to set up. Maybe for next year's contest wink

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 01:46:17 PM »

My first video with Mandelbulb 3D.  This is a "simple" Sierpinsky animation
    with 5400 frames in 1080*768 rendered in 18 hours on my core i7   

I have added Tchaikowsky's Swan lake as the soundtrack and it really
    gave me goose bumps, so turn up the volume and watch it again 

Really enjoyed watching this video, and wished that it had not ended so abruptly!!!  All the variations of shapes were quite interesting!!!  smiley

And the background music you recently added was a good choice.  The only problem is that the "action" does not match the music.  It would have been nice to make the animation fit the music, so that when there was a crescendo, the object would be large and looming within the view, and softer music would be for the smaller and or further away object.

I seriously wish that people would choose the music first, then make the animation match up with it.  Or learn to write their own music to match the videos they create.  Otherwise, they might as well leave the music out, for it becomes distracting when they do not mesh.

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 05:18:41 PM »

My first video with Mandelbulb 3D.  This is a "simple" Sierpinsky animation
    with 5400 frames in 1080*768 rendered in 18 hours on my core i7  

I have added Tchaikowsky's Swan lake as the soundtrack and it really
    gave me goose bumps, so turn up the volume and watch it again  

Really enjoyed watching this video, and wished that it had not ended so abruptly!!!  All the variations of shapes were quite interesting!!!  smiley

And the background music you recently added was a good choice.  The only problem is that the "action" does not match the music.  It would have been nice to make the animation fit the music, so that when there was a crescendo, the object would be large and looming within the view, and softer music would be for the smaller and or further away object.

I seriously wish that people would choose the music first, then make the animation match up with it.  Or learn to write their own music to match the videos they create.  Otherwise, they might as well leave the music out, for it becomes distracting when they do not mesh.

Thanks fot the comments. Of course, synchronising the music would give much better results. But it would also require significant work (from my point of view) : probably to learn new software, measuring and identifying the "beat" (not necessarily regular in classical music), calculating the number of frames between each keyframe, testing, testing...

Starting with the music and adding the visuals would certainly be the best way, but this is not how I "play" fractals : I just navigate and modify parameters until I find a good idea, then I expand it to add more keyframes. Also in this particular case, as it was my first video using Jesse's program, it was a kind of test and I did not intend to produce a very polished piece of work (in fact I never do!)

I could also write my own music (I did some of electronic/dance music in the past and still have got some machines) but again, this is a matter of time. So, as I just said before, maybe for next year's contest I will prepare something wink...

Just a quick note on the shapes : in the beginning, almost all the rotation parameter values in keyframes are 0,45, 90, 180. That creates a sort of symmetry in the chaos, even if you understand that varying 1 parameter from 0 to 45 and another one from 0 to 90 does of course create dissymetry, there are always simple ratios between the components of the rotation. And I would say that in all the first part of the animation, the shapes are quite similar because of this. Maybe you noticed that at the end there are more curious/organic shapes. These are obtained by setting more random rotations parameters, and keeping some subbtle rotations, for example 1 to 10 degrees instead of 0 for one given parameter. This concept of small variation giving interesting shapes is also illustrated to some extent in Josleys' latest article : http://www.fractalforums.com/3d-fractal-generation/kaleido-ifs-article-a-fractal-soccer-ball/msg18469/#msg18469

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 11:42:07 PM »

Of course, synchronizing the music would give much better results.
    But it would also require significant work (from my point of view) :
    probably to learn new software, measuring and identifying the "beat"
    (not necessarily regular in classical music), calculating the number of
    frames between each keyframe, testing, testing... 

Ohhh... I definitely understand how much extra work would be involved!!!  But as long as the video did not pulse, jerk or dance around, then the actual "beat" would not really be that critical.  It then comes down to volume and tempo matching the action:
  •  If there is a crescendo, then one would expect the animation to grow with the music.  (Or the opposite for diminuendo.)
  •  If the music is allegro, then the action should be cheerful or brisk, as in lively.
  •  If it is adagio, then the movements of the animation would be at ease; performed more slowly.
  •  If the music is forte, then the animation might be more dynamic (as in color, size, and/or action).

The overall speed of a piece of music (tempo), along with the volume at which it is played at, have always been some of the crucial elements when movies are produced.  And when they do not match, then it becomes distracting to the viewer.

Also in this particular case, as it was my first video using Jesse's program,
    it was a kind of test and I did not intend to produce a very polished piece
    of work (in fact I never do!) 

I can understand this as well, since my first attempt with Jesse's software back in March was definitely not a "polished piece", nor was it meant to be:
    http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?topic=3056.0

But while testing that particular version of Mandelbulb3D, without using any keyframes at all, I started thinking about how I wanted the basic video to be made to match the music.  (It was strictly a test run;  still working on the full-length HD version in my spare time.)

Just a quick note on the shapes : in the beginning, almost all the rotation
    parameter values in keyframes are 0,45, 90, 180.  That creates a sort of
    symmetry in the chaos, even if you understand that varying 1 parameter
    from 0 to 45 and another one from 0 to 90 does of course create dissymetry,
    there are always simple ratios between the components of the rotation. 

Appreciate the notes on how you went about transforming the various shapes.  Always nice to have a detailed account of the work involved.    smiley

KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 11:30:03 AM »

Well done bib... I've missed your animations! smiley

Parts of it reminds me of clouds forming.

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 05:55:18 PM »

Beautful! wink

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: