Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 01:47:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Split point (mandelbox zoom)  (Read 1794 times)
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« on: June 10, 2010, 12:00:23 AM »

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12438568&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12438568&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>
HD is ON! so hit full screen!
if you have a slow line just click the HD icon on the player to switch it off
http://www.hd-fractals.com/split-point/
Split point is a slow deep zoom into the mandelbox. but mainly it was an experiment.

After rendering my first few animations of the mandelbox - I found my camera skills leaving a lot to be desired, when it came to moving around and into the mandelbox! Some movements were too quick and jerky - whilst others took too long to play out. So I have been trying my video editing skills to resolve the problem.
To smooth the camera's pitch and roll, I remapped the time of the fast areas to slow them down, that worked, but although the camera had smoothed out, the animation was very jerky as it was only 4-5frames per seconds at some points. Now you can just blend original frames together to create new ones and put them in between the originals - fine if you have at least 15-20fps to play with but when the frame rate is as low as 4-5fps (normally i render at 30fps) it gives bad results. so instead I used a pixel blending technique to create the brand new frames - so that the video could slow down without the animation losing details. its not perfect but it works smiley

I have decided they were good results although it led to a longer post production time.

The audio we used is from http://90watts.com
and it is a deep tech house track called

"head of beans" by martin fisher
http://90watts.com/releases/9041

Inspired by the house tapes his older sister gave him in the early 90's, Marten Fisher turned his commodore 64 into a studio tool and started producing his first beats.

In 2003 he released his first release and nowadays he has build up quite a nice catalog with releases and remixes on labels like 90watts Records, Bad Girls, Strom Recordings, Travels, XXXflicks and of course his own successfull proghouse label Dub=records.

So all in all I feel honored to be using his sound! smiley
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:40:30 AM by teamfresh » Logged

kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 12:48:13 AM »

actually I think now it's too slow rather than too fast. Especially the first minute was incredibly slow...

The path itself is nice but it could have been faster...
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 12:51:30 AM »

Excellent!

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 01:35:25 AM »

Thanks. I agree with both of you  cheesy I still cant get over how dam beautiful this thing is.

Did anyone see the bulls head? above the banana split thingy? the more I watch it, the more I see a big bulls head! crazy!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:37:42 AM by teamfresh » Logged

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 01:59:10 AM »

awesome! thanks for the trip, i was flashed when the spike appearead, and it was so smooth, great and even deeper!
 afro

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
msltoe
Iterator

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 02:40:51 AM »

Great job! This video gives me a deeper appreciation of the infinite variety within the mandelbox.
Tglad
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 05:08:53 AM »

I liked the area around 3:50 that was cool and lots of unseen before shapes... it kind of has a decaying alien space city feel  alien
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 09:36:02 AM »

WOW, this makes STAR WARS feel low-budget wink
Wonder when we see the first sci-fi movi using the mandelbox as a landing site... at the end, was the spacecraft hit by hostile laser-beams? Nice shakey camera effect!  afro

Love the "never ending" zoom, great feeling of vastness...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: