Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 07:44:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: FRACTAL FORGE 2.6  (Read 7900 times)
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« on: June 02, 2010, 02:41:39 PM »

When I go to the "help" section I can see the keyword/topics...but where they should be displayed.. I get "address not valid"

Anyone??

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 02:48:07 PM »

? what do you mean ?!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 04:15:54 PM »

? what do you mean ?!

What I said in previous post!  lol  Ok I'll try again. In all of the other programs there is a "HELP" section.  Topics on the left of screen.  When you click on one to "display" it should appear on the right of screen.  But with Fractal Forge on the right of screen I get the message " Address not valid"

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 05:57:49 PM »

If Fractal Forge is not a new program, it could possibly be a Vista (or 7) issue with windows not recognizing file configurations for older software?  I have a few programs that have "broken" help files on the newer operating systems.

I'd suggest you try it on an older computer.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 06:14:25 PM »

No oneme seems to have heard of it.  Maybe the creator has left the earth. Older PC nah I'll just work out my issues.  Besides the only person I would know with older 'puters would be my X.  (programmer analyst.)  (the anal retentive kind)  Can I say that here?  evil

blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 06:16:27 PM »

Displays fine on my Windows ME machine and btw you could try to open the help file directly by double clicking on the FractalForge.chm which is located in the executable directory.  wink
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 06:23:07 PM »

Displays fine on my Windows ME machine and btw you could try to open the help file directly by double clicking on the FractalForge.chm which is located in the executable directory.  wink

hmmm as soon as I figure out what the "executable directory" is. lol  Thanks I'm on it.  Atleast I found someone else who uses it!

blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 06:27:43 PM »

You'll find where the executable directory is by looking in the properties of your Fractal Forge shortcut.  wink

(Executable simply means the program and directory means folder btw.)

And Fractal Forge is a cool program IMO.  grin
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:32:55 PM by blob » Logged
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »

fiery fiery huh? angry My fractal forge shortcut?  And where might that be?  Talk to me like I'm 5YEARS OLD ok?  Yes I do enjoy FF & am figuring things out S L O W L Y.  BTW the "help" section uses a different number other than 2.6... would that matter?

Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 06:30:59 PM »

Are you just looking for the help section?  It will have a specific address on your computer.  Do you have a pc? if so worry not, I think I can help.

1. First, this is what the fractal forge shortcut should look like:

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx278/BrutalToad/FF.jpg

If you see this icon, you will move on to the next step

2.  Right click the icon and select "properties" at the bottom of the option bar.  You will then get a window that looks like this:

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx278/BrutalToad/Prop.jpg

If you can see in the picture the highlighted section is called "Start in" and that is the address for the folder you are looking for.  Highlight and copy the address.

3. Next open your start menu and select the "run" option  and paste the address into the bar provided:

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx278/BrutalToad/Start.jpg
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx278/BrutalToad/Run.jpg

4.  Hit "ok" and the computer will open a new window that looks like this

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx278/BrutalToad/ff282.jpg

5.  You will notice an icon with a large question mark, this is the help section.

ps,
I can not tell you the address I use because I have a different version, but this tut should not be too different for your version.  If you have any more questions I am happy to answer them. grin

Kalo’smi lokaksayakrt-pravrddho
Lokan smahartum-iha pravrttah|

rte’pi twam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye’vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah
blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 06:32:48 PM »

Mmmh I was assuming Fractal Forge came with an installer but it it is just a zip file I see so there is no shortcut.

Well what happens when you double click on fractalforge.chm which is the help file?
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 06:59:57 PM »

Hmmm,  well it seems that my computer allows me to right click on the main fractal forge icon and choose "create shortcut" this should allow you to follow my above tutorial.  Thanks for pointing that out grin

By the way,  double clicking the help icon will open a standard help window
I just tried it and it doesn't seem to want to display the contents, I have failed you. sad
I don't know what is going on with this program. huh?
Anyway, this is what I got:
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx278/BrutalToad/Help.jpg

Kalo’smi lokaksayakrt-pravrddho
Lokan smahartum-iha pravrttah|

rte’pi twam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye’vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 07:33:47 PM »

Just glad to know it's not me & my aging infirm brain!  ohh I did the doible click? and just about all my files everything in PC stateed to open! VERY SCARY! Done wqith trying.  I did hiowever get a lil video done with FF. Soo if I can figurre that out it's all possible.  Just the slow way.  Thanks anyways guys!

blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 09:17:07 PM »

It probably means all chm files are not backward compatible with newer versions of Windows/Internet Explorer but fortunately there are two workarounds I can think of.

One is to download xCHM and open the chm file with it:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xchm/files/xCHM%20for%20Win32/xchm-1.16/xchm-1.16.zip/download

The other is to extract the contents of the chm file, which are mostly just a bunch of web pages, using CHM Decoder and then view them with your browser:

http://www.gridinsoft.com/chm.php

And perhaps complaining to Microsoft would not be a bad idea either...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:20:49 PM by blob » Logged
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 04:52:05 PM »

Has anyopne done a fractal forge video ?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: