Logo by Maya - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 03:37:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Visions of Chaos  (Read 12956 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 01:45:39 PM »

i have to say something about visions of chaos, for the price of the program it lacks severly of documentation and extensibility, compared to ultrafractal with
its ever growing formula database you only get some precompiled formulas, and as said in the beginning nearly NO documentation about the possibilities of the program,
and additionally updates cost you an extra 10$ ...

nevertheless the programm features some quite funny algorithms, e.g. fluid flow simulation, or lsystems, but the problem is that everything is hard coded, the entry fields for every program look different

i thought i could use the program for heightmap rendering, but the coloring features for inside/outside are quite limited as well, so chaospro or ultrafractal is for fractal rendering in my eyes the better choice ...

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 12:19:11 PM »

The Mandelbulb mode of Visions Of Chaos does not support OBJ export.  As it is based on the same as most Mandelbulb apps (based on raytracing distance estimation code) there is no "3D grid sampling" to calculate and export.  A lot of the other modes do support OBJ export.  Any mode that supports OpenGL grid/mesh rendering allows OBJ export.

Jason.

Make it happen, and I'll introduce you to a whole bunch of people who may well be Very Interested in the program over at the 3D Art Stuff Forums!

Myself included. Elvis Presley

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Power 8
Conqueror

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 03:56:43 PM »

@Christian, (FK Trifox), I don't really agree...
Remember that when you speak of prices for Visions of Chaos  they are in australian dollars, not the same as US so 10 $Aus = 7.6 €
As for the whole programm 45$ Aus = 34€, whereas for instance Ultrafractal with animation costs 99 €  and it does only fractals. VOC does much more, even music. When you learn how to use it (not really complicated) , it's possibilities are huge and if you have a question Jason at Softology is quick to answer it by mail. I also find it much easier to use than Ultrafractal.

For 3D fractals & animations I really also love Jesse's  Mandelbulb 3D, and that's totally free, like also Buddhi's very interesting Mandelbulber.
Anyway to each his own as the saying goes,  and Happy Fractalizing for 2011, seeing all the new stuff we saw in 2010, I wonder what this year will bring?
vaheed pall
Alien

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 07:59:53 PM »

I downloaded the trial version, despite McAfee site advisor screaming BIRIGHT RED.

The trial version doesn't allow saving etc ... however there is very little you can actually render (I wanted to test Kaleidoscope ifs) as selecting hypercomplex fractals leads to access violations 00000000. So not much one an do in the trial version  :smiley Anyone had the same problems huh?
Softology
Conqueror

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2015, 07:17:30 AM »

It has been a while since I have been around and I wanted to update this out of date post to clarify a few points.

I have continued to update Visions Of Chaos and it has more features than ever.

I have also changed it back to being free.  No payment required for usage.  So for those who thought $45 was too much, the price is right for you now.  It is amazing how much more pleasant people are when they are not paying for software.  There is also now a built in update checker so you will always have the latest version.

Mandelbulbs have been using OpenGL SL speed ups for many versions now.  So rather than taking minutes Mandelbulbs take seconds to render as long as you have a decent GPU card.  If you can code GLSL shaders Visions Of Chaos has a full color syntax editor to experiment with your own fractal formulas.

The latest Visions Of Chaos is always available at http://softology.com.au/voc.htm

Jason.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: