Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:03:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Seamlessly Tiled Fractals  (Read 4047 times)
Description: Great for texturing 3D Art!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« on: April 17, 2010, 02:47:27 PM »

Anybody else have a use for seamless tiles?

I made those in Mutatorkammer and they have found many uses!

I like using them tiled to texture 3D Models, but they also come in handy for many other things.

Here they are as Background Images on the homepage of my Forever-Under-Construction Website:  http://www.sockrateaze.com

I have lots of these, if anybody wants them for their own purposes, let me know.  I'll dig them out and post them.

Meanwhile, feel free to use these in any way you like if you want.  I don't mind if others want to use them in commercial or personal projects.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 04:16:04 AM »

Anybody else have a use for seamless tiles?

Many years ago, I used to make and collect these.  But soon found a few web sites that had thousands available (some were even ones that I had personally made for my own web pages).  Now I rarely use background images, and/or even colors for my new web pages.

Not sure how many you may have to offer, but if you have quite a few, then you could create a web page (or more if needed) to showcase what you have, and then supply the link here.  There are a lot of MyFace/SpaceBook users that like fractal backgrounds.    cheesy

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 01:13:37 PM »

Thanks for the thoughts.

I have a dozen or two of these, and at widely varying resolutions  (some absurdly high resolution ones for 3D work!).

I'll gather them up, and make a page on that website I have...

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 10:10:48 AM »

Images are no longer visible... please? smiley

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 11:32:11 AM »

Images are no longer visible... please? smiley

Wow...

5 years ago, when this thread was made, I had a website.  That site is gone, and it took the linked images with it   sad

I'll look around my back-up drives and see if the images can be easily found.  I think the originals were made in Mutatorkammer, which I still think should be revived and updated   kiss

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 12:02:31 PM »

hehe, that mutatorkammer project does exists, and it had (still has available in download section) the button to make any picture seamless tileable ... it is a c++ wxwidgets project, but that was before i get known to professional software architecture so i abandoned it ... but i have the sources laying around somewhere, but have not compiled it since nearly ten years by now wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 12:32:29 PM »

Oh sorry to revive this skeleton thread cheesy

But seamless fractals are very nice as maps for mb3d wink

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 12:58:02 PM »

i am sad that i have forgotten how i did the seamless thing, but for generative algorithms, there is a quite handy method to create a seamless version of any formula, there is a paper about it, and it is basically just copying parts from the outside to the inside...

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 01:03:38 PM »

so, i just started that mutatorkamme tool, and figured out how i implemented the "tileable" method:

in the main breed window, choose the "Options" tab and select "Seamless Tileable" all randomly generated formulas then are tileable

after a few clicks i got this one cheesy

* tileexample.jpg (75.63 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 565 times.)

---

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 04:46:48 PM »

cheesy smooth coloring would be more appreciated... when there are no discontinuities the result is better

wink anyhow only if you have not better things to do smiley

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 04:56:59 PM »

lol, check it out, there is a 2dimensional color mapping editor, to map 2dimensional complex values to colors wink
but this project really is abandoned ... i am quite a bit proud of the whole program, you can generate random formula trees, and each node in the tree can easily dragged out to form a new formula ...

---

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: