Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 07:39:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Depth Of Field test  (Read 9346 times)
eiffie
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2013, 04:48:04 PM »

I think it will be difficult to get DOF effect using DE but of course it is possible. You have made first good step with adaptation of distance threshold according to focal distance. But now is bigger problem. Edge of detail which is out of focus should be transparent. It means that when program find edge which should be blur, must remember colour of this element and calculate proper transparency (according to distance to the fractal surface). Next program should still trace ray to find deeper edges (and also remember these) until find solid fractal surface. I hope my explanation is understandable - I still has some problems with my English  sad

This is exactly what needed to be done! I have been making some attempts at it here:
http://www.fractalforums.com/programming/fast-fake-montecarlo-for-raymarching-(not-sure-what-to-call-it-yet)/

Wish I had paid more attention to this thread at the time. smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: