Logo by kameelian - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 03:09:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Ideas for XaoS  (Read 3626 times)
int3
« on: April 04, 2010, 09:55:35 PM »

Hi there!

I'm applying to work on XaoS for the Google Summer of Code, and I'm wondering if you guys have features you'd like to see added to it. I'm currently planning to add support for arbitrary precision and JIT compilation of user formulae, but I'm still looking for more ideas (:
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 07:32:03 PM »

hybrid formulas!

use existing formulas alternating in the iteration loop, with varying parameters, i know xaos is for realtime zooming of non deforming stills,
but hybrid formulas bring many new exciting features to the program, especially when used with arbitrary precision cheesy

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »

Hi there!  I'm applying to work on XaoS for the Google Summer of Code,
and I'm wondering if you guys have features you'd like to see added to it.
I'm currently planning to add support for arbitrary precision and JIT compilation
of user formulae, but I'm still looking for more ideas  (:  

Greetings, and Welcome to this particular Forum !!!    smiley

No suggestions or ideas at the moment, but I am sure there are some from the XaoS specific User Groups.  I do remember seeing a few posts not that long ago about something, just have to look up those postings to jog my memory.

ker2x
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 10:16:35 AM »

Hooo Xaos ! I forgot about this one.  :smiley

I started to submit patch and bug report yesterday, there is a lot to do  grin

often times... there are other approaches which are kinda crappy until you put them in the context of parallel machines
(en) http://www.blog-gpgpu.com/ , (fr) http://www.keru.org/ ,
Sysadmin & DBA @ http://www.over-blog.com/
miner49er
Safarist

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 01:03:14 PM »

I love using XAOS for a quick blast into the mandelbrot set but it's so fast, you end up getting to the limit pretty quickly.

AFAIK there is no implementation of arbitary length floating point numbers in XAOS. I would assume this is to keep it quick but I would suggest implementing an 'auto-flip-to-super-long-floats' when the end of the regular numbers has been reached.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: