Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 10:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: FractalForums.com Spring 2010 Fractal Art Competition  (Read 20835 times)
Description: the annual FractalForums.com fractal art competition is held a third time in row
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: March 25, 2010, 04:30:45 PM »

FractalForums.com Spring 2010 Fractal Art Competition

FractalForums recently lost one of our Dearest and Most Talented members,  Titia Van Beugen.
We would like to dedicate this year's competition to her memory and we wish her family, friends,
fans, and associates well in this time of great loss.  Flowers, Butterflies, and images rendered
with Fractal Explorer are strongly encouraged to remind us of our departed friend.

This year the annual spring competition on FractalForums.com is held for a third time in row.
There are 3 Sections, each contestant is allowed to contribute 3 images in each section.
Entries may be submitted as soon as the appropriate sections in the Gallery "Go Live" and
the deadline for entries is the 1st of May 2010.

After that period a one month voting session begins which will last until the 1st of June 2010.

This years prizes are for the first placed in each section, they will receive a cup with the
winning image printed on it.

The prizes this year are generously sponsored by FractalForums.com user Margit Schüttler aka GFWorld.

The Images should not exceed 1200x1200 pixels resolution.  New images as well as slightly modified previously posted images are allowed.  Post working images for color saturation, hue shifting, sharpness / blurring, and even just for fun is also permitted.

The Main Gallery is here:
http://www.FractalForums.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=36

The following sections are available:

1) Mandelbrot - In this section only z^2+c (The "Traditional" Mandelbrot) Formulas are allowed working with complex numbers.  It is allowed to zoom as deep as necessary.  Julia/Mandelbrot Initialization can be used.  And only one layer, but with an arbitrary coloring algorithm for inside/outside regions of the set is allowed.  Interesting Deep zoom shapes may be found in the "Elephant valley" (see http://ultrafractalwiki.FractalForums.com/Deep_Zooms#Elephant_Valley and/or search the web for details)
or "Seahorse Valley" (see http://www.mrob.com/pub/muency/seahorsevalley.html and/or search the web for details).

http://www.FractalForums.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=38

2) Fractal Fun - This section is meant as a "wild" section, everything concerning with fractals may be entered here.  You may upload interesting Mandelbulb shapes, or any fractal type you like here!

http://www.FractalForums.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=37

3) Animation  This year an animation section is featured.  Animations of all fractal types from IFS to Mandelbulbs and beyond are welcome!  The only limitation to the Animation is that it should last at least 1 minute, and max 5 minutes

http://www.FractalForums.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=39

Since this forum does not host animations, entries will be handled as follows:

Step 1)  Upload video to YouTube or similar host (if you can't access YouTube, or just prefer other hosts,
alternatives include http://www.photobucket.com http://www.vimeo.com and many others).

Step 2)  Upload screen shot of movie to the appropriate gallery and include a link to the uploaded video.

Winners in all categories shall be determined by a Community Voting System using the "Ratings" feature already integrated to the forum's Gallery.  Only ratings made in the FractalForums.com gallery on the images will be taken into account - this includes the screen shots for Animations as well as the "static" images in the other categories.

If there are any questions concerning the rules, please post in this announcement thread for clarification.

Sincerely
The FractalForums.com Admin Team
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:09:53 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 10:23:11 PM »

How to submit an image to the galleries? It asks me to choose a category and I can't choose the competition. Even when I just choose a random category, it doesn't work. The following error occured:

"Error 500 - Internal server error

Ein interner Fehler ist aufgetreten!
Bitte versuchen Sie es zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt."

So should I just do what it says and wait?

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 10:25:36 PM »

hmm, i just uploaded an image to the fun section

additionally i granted access for guest users

are you sure you havent uploaded a too big image ?!?

or is it that my server cant deal with 1600x16000 images, i then would have to adjust the allowed max sizes ....

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 10:30:57 PM »

ok, thank you for reporting

i checked the settings, the gallery was in "resize" mode, and had 1280 as image sizes, so it tried to resize the image and crashed, i deactivated the resizing feature, and allowed a max 1600x1600 image size

please give it another try!

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 11:11:34 AM »

COMPETITION PARAMETERS CHANGED, ALLOWED IMAGE SIZE HAS BEEN REDUCED TO:
1200x1200 pixels max
sorry, but this is due to server problems, the server can not handle that bi images to create thumbnails from it

---

KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 11:58:27 AM »

1200x1200 works, confirmed!  afro

The preview looks crappy in the posts though...  undecided

BUT it looks good in the gallery!!!

Just bug-checking....   undecided

* crap.jpg (72.15 KB, 833x602 - viewed 870 times.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 12:06:10 PM by KRAFTWERK » Logged

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 01:24:26 PM »

ok, will have to check the posting feature of the gallery
one more sec

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 01:26:19 PM »

ok, i have allowed fullsize image in posted topics, if you want, you can upload your images again,
i will remove the doubles ....

---

KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 01:31:26 PM »

Sorry  undecided

* Bild 4.png (28.51 KB, 924x150 - viewed 864 times.)

Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 06:52:25 PM »

It still doesn't work. When I upload an image it takes me back to the gallery, but the image isn't there.

To everyone who wants to upload images: Note that the maximum file size is 976.56kb.

GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 07:09:09 PM »

The Welcome to Fractal Forums Team wrote ...

>This year the annual spring competition on
fractalforums.com is held for a third time in row ...

Thank´s for Info :-)))

When I try to follow, there are first entries & I hope this
Contest, will be a good one again.

I really like some * einführende *, in german, word´s here ...
>Fractalforums recently lost one of our Dearest and Most
Talented members ...  Flowers, Butterflies, and images rendered with Fractal Explorer are strongly encouraged to remind us of our departed friend <
Fractal Contest 2010, so, let´s wait & see what happens here, this year, with such a lot of creative users, posting at FF :-)))

Margit smiley

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 08:37:48 PM »

It still doesn't work. When I upload an image it takes me back to the gallery, but the image isn't there.

To everyone who wants to upload images: Note that the maximum file size is 976.56kb.

hmm, that is strange, i uploaded at least the image made by paudelbrot, and it worked fine, and KRAFTWERK also didnt has had any problems ...
so, filesize is indeed limited to 1Mb, or a bit less ...

have you tried uploading an 1200x1200 ~800 kb image ?!?!

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »

so, i increased the allowed filesize to 1,2mb uploading of 1mb images should now also be workin  hurt

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 08:58:30 PM »

@margit nice to see you back here, and thank you from all here for providing us with prices this year!

@KRAFTWERK, i updated your low quality preview images in the teasing threads

@margit why is it that you always write in green ?!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 09:02:29 PM by Trifox » Logged

---

Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 01:06:33 AM »

hmm, that is strange, i uploaded at least the image made by paudelbrot, and it worked fine, and KRAFTWERK also didnt has had any problems ...
so, filesize is indeed limited to 1Mb, or a bit less ...

have you tried uploading an 1200x1200 ~800 kb image ?!?!

The image is 1200×900 and 608 kB. It just doesn't work.  huh? I've tried Firefox and Chrome.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: