Logo by jwm-art - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 08:33:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mathematics and Art  (Read 6689 times)
Description: An article about Nikki Graziano's integration of math curves into photography.
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:28:29 PM »

The O'Reilly Media, Inc. web site has a blog area called "Radar", where fairly current interests are brought to light by various "bloggers".   A posting several days ago concerned what was found on Nikki Graziano's web site, along with some images shown on Wired's online magazine site:

http://radar.oreilly.com/2010/02/mathematics-and-art.html

An interesting and intriguing read, with several links that are also worth following.  (And if you go to Nikki's main web page, look for a section called "Found Functions", then expand some of the images found there to see the formula behind the photo-graph.)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:24:10 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 02:00:07 PM »

I am going to have a read, Paul.
Albrecht Duerer is the artist I think who epitomises the artisan origins of mathematics after the Greeks and the Indian temple altar constrictors. My research into Chinese influences has not encompassed Chinese artisans.

Of interest to me is Picasso's take on higher maths discussed briefly in Beautiful Equations.

I think maths should be "returned" to the artisan and or embedded in computer science. It has been alienated and is alienating for far too long. Time to come home to mamma, I believe.

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 05:45:30 PM »

Not shure where to post this. There were themes about mathematics and nature. I don't know where they are:
http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artfeb05/cbdiatoms.html

They look like mandelbulbs.

fractal catalisator
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 03:53:10 PM »

I 'm not shure is it righ place.
But quantum chromodinamics:
http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/theory/staff/leinweber/VisualQCD/Nobel/

fractal catalisator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print