Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:51:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: BulbBox - An Amazing Fractal extension  (Read 10315 times)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« on: February 24, 2010, 05:45:03 PM »

NOTE: This Post was a reply in the http://www.fractalforums.com/images-showcase-(rate-my-fractal)/interior-shots-of-the-mandelbox/ Thread!  afro

Impressing images, twinbee! I love the excellent shadows.
Lowering the Bailout could be like "ruins after some thousand years", maybe. There are lots of options, astonishing.

Tglad, are the last two ones still the default formula? Nice locations.

Just took a timeout from programming and did some experiments, i present a kind of "bulbox"  smiley

Only change is to use the bulb formula when square of R is below 4...
all cut at Z=0

scale=2

scale=3 (this may be also a 2D option with default and perpendicular Mset + some other 2D sets?)

scale=3 and multiplying the values for the bulb by 10

zoom into and using the bulb formula when R is below 0.04

same, but using minR of 0.25 for the box

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:23:32 PM by Trifox » Logged
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 05:51:22 PM »

WHAOOOOOO ! This is really incredible. The potential of 3D fractals never ceases to amaze me. What a fantastic find! These pictures are totally CRAZY  afro afro afro
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 05:54:03 PM by bib » Logged

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »

Wondering, if there are more "flying chickens" somewhere in the last one  wink
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 07:21:02 PM »

as you might have noticed, i took the time and split this topic in a completely new

again amazing, i think this method can be used in a more general manner, i am a fan of combination methods of formulas, like alternating a formula, but this method offers new possibilities:
define some radius treshold, and use completeley different formulas for each of these thresholds, here we would have 2 formulas, the box, and the bulb!
finally a method i can implement using UF5 reb.uld Quat formula, with object codes, will send impressions this evening !

Jipiii!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:23:00 PM by Trifox » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 09:37:47 PM »

Excelent - I was contemplating the same idea to put a Mandelbulb in the middle of every Sierpinski Tetrahedral space smiley
I did essentially the same thing in 2D a while ago but just using 2 IFS fractals, including wrapping the image around the standard Mandelbrot:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1191072&member
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1083644&member
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1075961&member

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 09:43:02 PM »

OK David, now I want to be able to do the flying chicken in the amazing cube with 3D ferns and Menger sponges all around. Is that possible in a single layer? cheesy cheesy
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:45:53 PM by bib » Logged

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 11:27:14 PM »

here are 2d slices of:

first: a mandelbox and a mandelbrot formula in 2d plane

second: a zoom somewhere

third: a mandelbrot^8 and a mandelbrot^2 at an separator distance of 1.0

the brot8 and8 combination yields interesting results when played around with the parameters ( i am with gpu here wink )
 afro

* brot+box.jpg (54.84 KB, 800x426 - viewed 472 times.)

* brot+box_zoom.jpg (22.86 KB, 400x212 - viewed 1288 times.)

* brot8+brot2.jpg (16.14 KB, 800x422 - viewed 460 times.)

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 11:50:46 PM »

Excelent - I was contemplating the same idea to put a Mandelbulb in the middle of every Sierpinski Tetrahedral space smiley
I did essentially the same thing in 2D a while ago but just using 2 IFS fractals, including wrapping the image around the standard Mandelbrot:

Very nice, i want a slightly different bulb in each round hole in the Box, where now is a little cube instead  cheesy
So we had just one formula with all possible bulbs which parameters are varied by the specific location...
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 01:26:34 PM »

again amazing, i think this method can be used in a more general manner, i am a fan of combination methods of formulas, like alternating a formula

Good idea, here are the alternating results...

first iteration bulb:

middle detail:

first iteration box:

zoom:

KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 01:50:29 PM »

WOW, that "middle detail" looks like a mandelbulb at a distance, but is a mandelbulb of mandelbulbs, this is toooo much!!!  
afro afro afro afro
afro afro afro afro
afro afro afro afro
afro afro afro afro

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 12:00:00 AM »

Testing the reverse mode:
doing the bulb iteration on R > 2 and scaling the bulb by 10...
refections inside the bulb from the outside because of the spheric folding???

Timeroot
Fractal Fertilizer

The pwnge.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 01:05:20 AM »

refections inside the bulb from the outside because of the spheric folding???

What's the radius of that little "Mandelhole"? If it's equal to 1/2, then I'd be willing to be it is... is there any way to check easily with the software you're using to render these? Personally, I would love to see the Julia Set of the fractal... I'd expect it to have an infinite number of these little holes... A real Swiss cheese Mandelbulb.  grin

Someday, man will understand primary theory; how every aspect of our universe has come about. Then we will describe all of physics, build a complete understanding of genetic engineering, catalog all planets, and find intelligent life. And then we'll just puzzle over fractals for eternity.
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 03:13:33 AM »

A tip for the higher order ones (z^4 on up): set your scale value lower.  Lowering the folds and other values can help renders too, but you lose more details that way.  Learned about the scale thing 5 days ago (at around 4am... go figure, there's that time again) when I was making the first full-hybrid rotational/amazing fractal types over in this thread.  I even mentioned trying the bulbs in the very first sentence of the thread.. so you know.  Anyways, I prefer hybrid type D because it reminds me of old video games I used to play, but this one is nice as well.

Here is a series of z^3's with scale = .5      (Trifox, made them with low quality jpeg so they take up less HD space)

Bulb type 1, bulb type 2, Type D.1, type D.2:

Then some z^5's, same order
Bulb type 1, bulb type 2, Type D.1, Type D.2:

kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 06:56:30 PM »

OMG, great new variations O.o

Those bulbox mixes are amazing!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 09:16:38 PM »

A tip for the higher order ones (z^4 on up): set your scale value lower.  Lowering the folds and other values can help renders too, but you lose more details that way.  Learned about the scale thing 5 days ago (at around 4am... go figure, there's that time again) when I was making the first full-hybrid rotational/amazing fractal types over in this thread.  I even mentioned trying the bulbs in the very first sentence of the thread.. so you know.  Anyways, I prefer hybrid type D because it reminds me of old video games I used to play, but this one is nice as well.

Ah, now i found the code, i think type-D is the second code in the thread you mentioned...
So you already did the alternating hybrid, very nice!

I guess i have to program this in a general way, choose 2 (or more) forumlas in a row. I like these hybrids.

And yes, too high scale values would thin out the structures too much, as can be seen in my versions.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: