Logo by Timeroot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 03:27:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: pasting julia values crashes mandelbulber  (Read 1670 times)
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« on: August 25, 2017, 06:38:20 PM »

Here's annother one, that crashes mandelbulber reproducible on win 10. It does since several versions. When my memory is correct, since the julia preview was implemented (half-hearted, but that's a different story).
The background: I often process mandelbulber values externally (eg spreadsheets, csv), mostly for generating pseudo random fields for animations. I use them to find new/modified forms. Julia parameters are often used for external processing.

The issue: When I copy/paste values to julia settintgs in main window (>objects>global parameters) the following happens. The first value I paste fits in ok and the julia preview refreshes (regardles if julia 1, 2 or 3). When I paste the second one (or only the decimal places) mandelbulber freezes and quits due to a program crash. there is no relation to the used fomula and/or combination. It allways happens after pasting the second value.

Since there is the option, to edit csv within a spreadsheet, the need to do so is rather seldom, but sometimes it occurs. Dunno which priority, you give it, but it is a real bug and not a thing, that does not work as expected.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 08:12:48 AM »

I have created bug report for this: https://github.com/buddhi1980/mandelbulber2/issues/352

I will check what is wrong.

Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 06:10:58 PM »

I cannot reproduce this problem nor under Linux nor under Windows 10.

Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 09:00:19 PM »

Zebastian helped me to reproduce this bug. I have found the problem and fixed.
This issue could lead to crash of the program also when materials were edited.

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 06:19:35 PM »

Ah, ok. Great! As I never use the default material (I have noumerous gradient jpgs, to create colors), it is no wonder, that I didn't see a relation. So thanks to you and Zebastian!

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: