Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 28, 2024, 02:36:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: plug-ins  (Read 1449 times)
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« on: July 07, 2017, 03:03:31 AM »

No matter how I do it, I can't seem to get the plug-ins to appear in Apophysis when I trying out a tutorial.  If the tut asks for a plug-in and I can't import it, then I have to give up trying the tut!  This is happening a lot.   I understand you have to put your program in the same folder as you have the plug-in but I've tried that and it doesn't work.  Also, I have several different versions of Apophysis and I have tried them all.  Can somebody help me with this?  ~Thanks.
rsidwell
Forums Newbie

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 04:26:08 PM »

Not quite; plugins don't go in the same folder as the program. Create a folder named "Plugins" in the same folder as the program. Plugins go in that folder. (But don't put in too many plugins at one time; Apophysis can handle a few dozen, but not hundreds.)
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 06:26:13 PM »

Thank you.  I will try it that way.
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 02:55:17 AM »

I did what you said and I still don't get the plug-in I need.  There are only 18 plug-ins in the plug-in folder.  Here is a screen shot of the folder with the 2 most used programs and the plug-in folder with 18 plug-ins inside.  I am trying to use hexes.dll

* AP-1.jpg (32.68 KB, 939x123 - viewed 157 times.)
rsidwell
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 10:04:14 PM »

The 3D hack version uses a different folder, but that should work for Apophysis 7X. Are you seeing the other plug-ins in the folder? If you see the others but not hexes, perhaps your copy is corrupt; try downloading it again. The original site for it is https://slobo777.deviantart.com/art/Apo-Plugins-Hexes-And-Crackle-99243824.

You might also consider using JWildfire, which includes hexes and many other variations without having to worry about making plug-ins work. See http://jwildfire.org/. The interface is a bit different from Apophysis, but there are tutorials to learn it, and you can follow most apo tutorials once you do. (It has some other nice features as well, like animation and solid renders.)
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 01:39:03 AM »

Here's the thing.  I can get hexes in 2.09 bu can't get zcone in there.
I can get zcone in my newest version 7X bu can't get hexes in there.  sad sad

I need hexes and zcone in order to do the tutorial I am interested in trying.  It's a bubble tutorial.

Do you know somewhere I can get the zcone file? It's in 7X  but I can't find it as a "stand alone" in any of my plug-ins folders.

Thank you.
rsidwell
Forums Newbie

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »

If the tutorial uses zcone, it needs a 3D version of Apophysis, so won't work in 2.09. I don't know why hexes isn't working in 7X for you; you seem to be doing all the right things. Try making a folder called Plugins3D, putting hexes.dll in there, and using the 3D Hack version.
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 04:12:03 AM »

I Tried that with 2.08 3D Hack and also the new 7X version and no hexes.  The only thing that I get hexes  in is version 2.09 and there's no zcone  in there.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: