Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:14:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Spacetime "expansion" as an increase in underlying complexity  (Read 5713 times)
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« on: June 13, 2017, 04:27:44 PM »

I was thinking about the whole fractal geometry of the path I was running yesterday- thinking that if I added in all the zigzags (using accurate GPS), I'd increase the total measured distance of the run by ~ 10%. 

This led to me thinking about Spacetime expansion- that perhaps the geometry of spacetime increases complexity over time as more particles are added to it.  This would mean there are more zigzags in any straight path, which would increase the total distance a "particle" or "quantum field" had to traverse to get from point A to point B. 

Are there any articles on this concept, what is the name of the concept, etc....  <-standard questions. 

Thanks!

youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 08:25:40 PM »

Spacetime is inherently folded, curved and twisted. I think we call this entanglement.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/tangled-up-in-spacetime/
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 10:04:58 AM »

I agree monsieur benesi!

though I wouldn't say that there are more particles created and as far as I understand this is also what cosmology says:
s.  

https://www.quora.com/How-many-particles-are-there-in-the-universe
"The commonly accepted answer for the number of particles in the observable universe is 10^80.  This number would include the total of the number of protons, neutrons and electron

Now most of the photons in our universe are the photons from the cosmic microwave background radiation and it is estimated that there are 10^9 photons for every particle in the universe so that would make 10^89photons in the universe."

Particles are resused over and over. And if this happens in a fractal way, things become complex.
I think the ultimate increase of complexity in spacetime is life, us, our brains... And doesn't time kind of fold as well as space? the world has been speeding up exponentially.

so time has kind of been folding over and over.
and the closer you zoom into, for example our planets surface, the smaller space you observe, the more events happen in less time. a human lifetime is long, a mouse much shorter (see kleibers law) and the action of single bacterias are even faster.

Nice sidefact: Statistically a few of the the atoms that make up your brain have been part of Sockrates brain 2500 years ago.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:11:40 AM by Chillheimer » Logged

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 10:50:57 AM »

I agree monsieur benesi!

though I wouldn't say that there are more particles created and as far as I understand this is also what cosmology says:
s.  

https://www.quora.com/How-many-particles-are-there-in-the-universe
Particles are resused over and over. And if this happens in a fractal way, things become complex.
I think the ultimate increase of complexity in spacetime is life, us, our brains... And doesn't time kind of fold as well as space? the world has been speeding up exponentially.
<Quoted Image Removed>
so time has kind of been folding over and over.
and the closer you zoom into, for example our planets surface, the smaller space you observe, the more events happen in less time. a human lifetime is long, a mouse much shorter (see kleibers law) and the action of single bacterias are even faster.

Nice sidefact: Statistically a few of the the atoms that make up your brain have been part of Sockrates brain 2500 years ago.

I think that time only changes it's rate with big changes in gravity.

It's possible that there is confusion between the rates of events with time itself changing it's rate.  While we know that time is not the Newtonian "absolute" that it was once believed to be, I don't think it is changing inherently.  Events of significance may be happening with greater frequency, but I think that is independent of time (space-time) itself.

And what was that about my brain again?  I knew I was old, but didn't think I was 2500 years old already!  I could have sworn I was only two hundred and six!

Maybe time *is* speeding up after all...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 11:23:04 AM »

Number of types of rocks had grown in simmilar manner. Geologs sayd that with development of rock types had increased twice. Of corse with development of humans it increased even more.

fractal catalisator
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 04:55:16 PM »

I agree monsieur benesi!

s.  

I was under the impression that neutrino production increases the particle count- so there is a steady increase in the amount of particles in the universe over time, which would increase the complexity of the underlying spacetime structure (if it is not completely smooth).

Sockratease- we now have time traveling technology. 

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: