Logo by wmauzey - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 03:10:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Formalization of Sierpinski's carpet and similar fractals in 2d and higher d's  (Read 4530 times)
Hamzalippisch
Forums Newbie

« on: June 10, 2017, 02:08:37 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have developed a set of equations to help easily implement Sierpinski's carpet, i then made variations on that equation and got other interesting fractals and even Sierpisnki's triangles. So from an IFS it is now defined by a function.

What's more is that later i generalized this equation to 3D and then to any arbitraly higher d-dimension, and the code for it remains very simple. I primarily coded it in matlab but it will work in just about any language. And finally, i have devised a way to calculate the Hausdorff dimension for any fractal of this family.

For the theory and some examples that were produced, check out the paper i made about it : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ITB-CPhYwJX1VzN0Z4S2tsc0E
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 04:04:43 PM »

It requires a permission to open it! hurt police

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Hamzalippisch
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 05:01:47 PM »

Im sorry i thought the sharing was activated  :- it is now smiley
SamTiba
Safarist

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 01:28:53 PM »

I really like this one!
Nice formulas, easy implementation and stunning results smiley
Good job and thanks for sharing your paper with us.

Some of my images: Pinterest
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 02:14:21 AM »

afro This is very interesting. Would  someone write some pseudo code for 3D implementation frag??
Hamzalippisch
Forums Newbie

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 11:40:59 AM »

I can post some matlab code for 3D and higher, the script itself only outputs an n-dimensional matrix that you'd have to visualize after making some sections if n>3 until you have a 3D matrix then you'll need to plot it as voxels. I could've written my own voxel plotter but i downloaded a free one out of laziness  embarrass (PATCH_3DArray)

A Pseudocode for 3D would be like so smiley :
Define precision or grid density g
Define the number of iterations iter
Define k and p (k=3 and p=3 for Menger's sponge for example)

Make 3 arrays xgrid,ygrid,zgrid from a meshgrid (0 to 1 by a step of 1/g) (3D grid coordinates)
Make a 3D matrix of ones of dimensions gxgxg, lets call it Box.

For n=1:iter
    For i=1:number of elements in Box
                Box(i)=Box(i)*sign( -sign((cos(2*pi*(k)^(n-1)*xgrid(i)))+cos(pi/(p))) - sign((cos(2*pi*(k)^(n-1)*ygrid(i)))+cos(pi/(p))) -
sign((cos(2*pi*(k)^(n-1)*zgrid(i)))+cos(pi/(p))) +3)
    End
End

Plot non-zero elements of Box as voxels
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: