Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 11:33:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: My realtime demo.  (Read 1258 times)
Bananaft
Forums Newbie

« on: May 29, 2017, 01:05:08 AM »

I’m not sure what board I should showcase my realtime demo thingy, so I’ll just post to Meet & Greet. I’m ok if it get moved afterwards.

Hello, my name is Greg. I’m from Russia. And here is my recent hobby-project: realtime 3d-fractal rendering demo build upon open source game engine Urho3d. It features deferred lighting (large ammount of light sources), HDR, autoexposure and bloom effect. Now, things I did:

* Mutli-resolution ray-marching techniqe. Rendered in 5 passes. First 4 is depth only with varying resolution from 1/64 to 1/2 , then, final full res pass, wich has only 32 ray steps in it.
* Ability to put polyginal models into fractal terrain.
* Low aliasing, while I have only one ray per pixel, I found some raymarching magic for preventing aliasing.
* Physicaly incorrect ugly hacks to cruedly simulate indirect lighting. Bent normals AO and fake shadows. (Here is gif comparsion of fake shadows on/off: https://twitter.com/Bananaft/status/834909869652201472)
* Volumetric light scattering. Looks super cool and helps to pull whole picture together.

Win only for now (but easily portable), requires a beefy GPU. Download page:
https://bananaft.itch.io/yedomaglobula

If you familar with GLSL you can edit Data>Shaders>GLSL>fractal.glsl and add your own formulas.

It’s meant to be a game where you navigate your vessel through the dark caverns of fractals, dock to stations, and search for ancient secrets. But most probably it will be another abandoned project of mine.

I will apreciate any feedback or sugestions. Thank you for attention and for being such a cool community.

More images:
[Spoiler]

[/Spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:37:42 AM by Bananaft » Logged
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 03:17:27 AM »

that looks really interesting, have to investigate Urho3d a bit more and your GLSL  A Beer Cup

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
SamTiba
Safarist

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 10:48:13 AM »

Damn and i'm sitting here still stuck with my own implementations haha cheesy

Super cool project, thought of the same game-idea for a while now.
I always found 2D landscapes boring if you can have a complex world where you can explore in every direction.

Some of my images: Pinterest
Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 09:45:45 PM »

Looks great! A Beer Cup
Shooting those moving lights through the scene...  grin

sabine62.deviantart.com
Bananaft
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 10:12:46 AM »

Thank you all for replies.

Damn and i'm sitting here still stuck with my own implementations haha cheesy
Super cool project, thought of the same game-idea for a while now.
Got anything to show? I'm interested.

Looks great! A Beer Cup
Shooting those moving lights through the scene...  grin
Yeah, you can also turn off the sky by pressing "N", and shoot lighs in complete darkness. Super spooky.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: