Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 04:01:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Synthclipse 2.0.0 released.  (Read 5139 times)
_revers_
Conqueror

« on: May 21, 2017, 04:25:36 PM »

Synthclipse 2.0.0 released. Downloads.

Special thanks to Mario Lavin for the support. This release wouldn't be possible without him.

Changelog:

* Added key frame curve editor (the Graph View)

* Added windowed Viewport mode (it allows true full screen and has better performance)

* Added possibility of mapping a MIDI Controller's knobs and sliders to Uniform Controls

* Added per vector component key frames (to the Timeline and the Graph)

* Redesigned the Timeline View.

* Key frames are now saved in a binary format encoded with Base64 encoding

* Extended GPU sound to 3 minutes

* Fixed bug with a crash when capturing audio input

* Fixed Shadertoy importer

* Fixed GLSL Sandbox importer

* Fixed Color Chooser bug when manually typing integer color value

Why jump from version 1.2.0 to 2.0.0?

Well, maybe changes from 1.2.0 to 2.0.0 are not huge, but there are quite a lot of changes from 1.0.0 to 2.0.0.
The main reason is that internally Synthclipse has changed significantly (API breaking changes). Besides that I don't want to continue version 1.x forever. Synthclipse 1.0.0
was released exactly two years ago and its time to move to version 2.x.

utak3r
Alien

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 11:32:57 AM »

Great news  grin

However, I have some problems with this: after I've upgraded my copy, I cannot start with my existing workspace. Should I recreate it from scratch? It yells on each view "Could not create the view", like viewport, uniform controls etc.
After studying the logs, all starts from this one:
Code:
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.synthclipse.ide [536]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.synthclipse.include; bundle-version="1.0.0"
and this one probably causes all the rest.

How the upgrade procedure should look like?
_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 03:25:03 PM »

How did you update your copy? Eclipse update site? Maybe just try to download prepackaged version from http://sourceforge.net/projects/synthclipse/files/synthclipse-2.0.0/. You can use the same workspace.

Honestly, I haven't tested updating old Synthclipse via Eclipse update site.
utak3r
Alien

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 09:16:11 AM »

Well, no - I've downloaded your package and overwritten the old one. Currently I'm a bit busy, but in few days I'll try to setup this all from scratch.
_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 01:58:13 AM »

Synthclipse 2.0.1 released. Downloads.

This is small bugfix release with minor additions.

Changelog:

* Fixed recording on the Timeline/Graph
   * Fixed a bug with remembering previous buffer file between builds in a Buffer Uniform Control
   * Fixed Shadertoy importer (shaders with multiple passes were imported incorrectly)
   * Timeline/Graph: save icon is now grayed out if there is nothing to save
   * Added optional texture parameters to the Music Uniform Control
   * Synthclipse prepackaged version updated to Eclipse 4.7 Oxygen
_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 07:15:59 PM »

Synthclipse 2.0.2 released. Downloads.

Changelog:

* Added 3D textures support for Shadertoy compatibility. Try importing this shader https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4llcR4 to check out the new feature. More information how to use it you can find under User Guide / Uniform Controls
 * Added anisotropic filtering option ("aniso: true") to Texture and Buffer Uniform Controls
* Fixed critical NullPointerException on MacOS
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: