Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:11:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Can't seem to copy and paste parameters out to clip board in Mandelbulb 3d  (Read 591 times)
Rohnny Jottin
Forums Newbie

« on: April 29, 2017, 09:44:51 AM »

I've been searching hi and lo for the last week as to how to copy and paste Mandelbulb 3d parameters. I wanted to share the parameters of some stunning images I got, and strangely I did so already about 2 weeks ago and now perhaps due to my own brain damage can't seem to do it any more. confused

What seems obvious to me is to first load the image you want to copy parameters for and then hit the "to clipboard" button in the tool bar. I would then assume that the text for the parameters would then be copied to the clipboard. But when I try to paste there is nothing to paste. I can copy and paste within Mandelbulber, just cannot paste out to a text file or a web board. sad

Is there some bug or am I doing it all wrong?

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 10:28:27 AM »

I just tried it and the "copy parameters to clipboard" in the right click menu of the Mutagen window works fine from here  (on windows though).

My advice is to send the parameters to the main window and use the normal way to get them to the clipboard  (the "to clipboard" option in the Save tab does that).

Yes, it's not ideal.  But MB3D is not meant for cross platform work and there are bound to be issues when using a mac to run it.

Hope that helps!

Oh yeah - you used the words Mandelbulb3D & Mandelbulber interchangeably - you're not trying to move parameters from one program to another, are you?

They are completely different programs and parameters are not compatible.

I've been searching hi and lo for the last week as to how to copy and paste Mandelbulb 3d parameters.
But when I try to paste there is nothing to paste. I can copy and paste within Mandelbulber, just cannot paste out to a text file or a web board. sad

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Rohnny Jottin
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 01:28:26 PM »

I just tried it and the "copy parameters to clipboard" in the right click menu of the Mutagen window works fine from here  (on windows though).

My advice is to send the parameters to the main window and use the normal way to get them to the clipboard  (the "to clipboard" option in the Save tab does that).

Yes, it's not ideal.  But MB3D is not meant for cross platform work and there are bound to be issues when using a mac to run it.

Hope that helps!

Oh yeah - you used the words Mandelbulb3D & Mandelbulber interchangeably - you're not trying to move parameters from one program to another, are you?

Sorry, I meant Mandelbulb 3d. Well, saving parameters to clip normally is what I am talking about, that does not work, nothing to do with mutagen which was what my problem was about on another thread.

That did give me the idea to save parameters from mutagen, but that also does not appear in the clipboard.

What is weird is that I was able to save normally a few weeks ago. The proof is there in a post I put up on Deviant Art, the parameters are posted with the picture that I created using Mandelbulb 3d.

Thanks for trying, much appreciated.

They are completely different programs and parameters are not compatible.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: