Logo by Khaotik - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:34:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Now That Is A Moire!  (Read 1589 times)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« on: March 27, 2017, 11:37:51 PM »

Not sure how internationally famous the song being parodied here is, so it may be lost on a lot of members from around the world, but...

MOO!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 07:45:31 AM by cKleinhuis » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 10:36:07 AM »

It totally was lost on me, yeah. What song is it? Also, the mouse-over seems to have a second line of the song?
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 11:21:54 AM »

Saw this too the other day, perfect execution smiley

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/L0bx1Yq-X8E&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/L0bx1Yq-X8E&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 11:29:01 AM »

lol, seems trying to edit a post is now considered "hacking"  grin

* lycium the evil hacker.PNG (5.35 KB, 331x140 - viewed 156 times.)

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 11:43:03 AM »

lol, seems trying to edit a post is now considered "hacking"  grin

Ha!

We caught you   police cop police

Pesky hackers   tease

Since I have no idea what may have caused that, I can only assume that our much discussed upgrade to a newer version of forum software is showing why we need it again...

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 12:05:07 PM »

I didn't get hacking event errors for editing but I simply couldn't edit because "something went wrong" since a couple weeks or so
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 12:43:24 PM »

Ah nope, it now indeed is a hacking attempt, for me too.
I did know that song but I didn't have it in the back of my head well enough to make the connection. Makes a lot of sense.
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 12:58:36 PM »

It's funny/tragic how, as computers and the internet become more and more powerful and advanced, simply displaying text and images reliably is becoming close to impossible  tongue stuck out

kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 01:14:02 PM »

Seems to especially be a development with this forum right now tongue stuck out
Though I'm pretty sure that's due to behind-the-scenes transition work.
Still, I wish you mods and admins could keep things intact with the forum-as-it-is while working on the forum-to-be. ;P
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 06:15:57 PM »

Seems to especially be a development with this forum right now tongue stuck out
Though I'm pretty sure that's due to behind-the-scenes transition work.
Still, I wish you mods and admins could keep things intact with the forum-as-it-is while working on the forum-to-be. ;P

We are not touching this forum!

We're installing a clean copy on a sub directory and migrating the member databases.

So whatever is causing this stuff is totally unrelated to the upgrade other than being a big part of the motivation for it   police

In other words  (your words  tease)  this forum shall remain intact since the forum-as-it-is will be locked after the forum-to-be is ready to open.  They are totally different urls and databases and everything  (we just copy data from this database to the new one).

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 06:18:49 PM »

It's funny/tragic how, as computers and the internet become more and more powerful and advanced, simply displaying text and images reliably is becoming close to impossible  tongue stuck out

It's not as computers get more advanced, it's as this forum refuses to grow with things as the rest of the world gets more advanced!

That's why we are making a fresh, empty, forum in a subdirectory and running modern software.  This one is outdated and these problems will never heal without upgrading the forum software  (a thing the site owner refuses to do!)  (too many things would break if we did that, so a new forum is the only answer).

kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 11:46:29 PM »

I don't really get how random functions' behavior could change like that if the code hasn't been touched at all but fair enough.
That being said, editing is kinda essential imo, and this transition is still months in the making from what I understood, so please, if it's at all possible, in this case actually do touch the code and fix it.
(I really have no clue just how messy it's looking under the hood)
smiley
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 12:08:32 AM »

I don't really get how random functions' behavior could change like that if the code hasn't been touched at all but fair enough.
That being said, editing is kinda essential imo, and this transition is still months in the making from what I understood, so please, if it's at all possible, in this case actually do touch the code and fix it.
(I really have no clue just how messy it's looking under the hood)
smiley

The code not being touched is the problem.  PHP has been updated several times and our code is becoming outdated.  Nobody here wrote this forum's base software and I would have no idea where to start fixing stuff.

But...  The problems in this thread are actually my fault!

I forgot one of the changes to php lately - the ' character is now forbidden in titles!!  It's a way to exploit php injection and has been forbidden.  I originally titled this thread with the word "That's" - and that is a huge problem.

I'm not sure we either can, or would want to, repair that.

So I changed the title and editing works again  (I could not edit in a test try before changing the title).

If you still can't edit in this thread, change the subject line of your post to remove any apostrophes.

kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 12:34:28 AM »

Oh wow, what an absurd thing to have to worry about. Good to know though. Thanks! The character escaping has been acting up for a while now.
Let's see if changing the title helped... (attempting to edit this)
(edited)
YUP IT TOTALLY WORKS AGAIN
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: