Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 03:40:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: "Vertical" Multibrot  (Read 449 times)
Description: Is there a term for rendering with exponent on y-axis?
gregsearle
Forums Newbie

« on: February 03, 2017, 10:59:33 PM »

I am rendering a variation of the multibrot with the exponent on the y-axis, setting the x-axis in the plane of the real and imaginary values. Is there a term for such a "vertical" multibrot? Thanks.
SamTiba
Safarist

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 09:18:50 AM »

I don't exactly understand what you are trying to do, our Mandel- and Multibrots are set in the complex plane so the axes are the real and the imaginary values.
Or do you want to render along the the exponent?

This already is a known method, you can find it for example here (in the category Multibrot slice).

Some of my images: Pinterest
gregsearle
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 06:29:05 PM »

I don't exactly understand what you are trying to do, our Mandel- and Multibrots are set in the complex plane so the axes are the real and the imaginary values.
Or do you want to render along the the exponent?

This already is a known method, you can find it for example here (in the category Multibrot slice).

Thank you for the example, but you just referred me back to my own web site. I am looking for an "official" term for this, if it exists.
SamTiba
Safarist

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 06:49:52 PM »

haha cheesy
didn't knew

why does everything got to have an official name?
As it seems most of the names of methods or others are made up here. There's a tglad fold for example and it's pretty cool, but the name just comes from the user tglad here.

I don't see the urgent to give it an 'official name' either.

Some of my images: Pinterest
gregsearle
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 06:53:25 PM »

haha cheesy
didn't knew

why does everything got to have an official name?
As it seems most of the names of methods or others are made up here. There's a tglad fold for example and it's pretty cool, but the name just comes from the user tglad here.

I don't see the urgent to give it an 'official name' either.

Sure, you have a point. I just have to call it something. "Multibrot slice" is as good a description as any, as it is what it does. I just didn't want to make up a term if it's already been done.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: