Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:12:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: announcement: forum down for maintenance this weekend 3-5 February 2017  (Read 2974 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: February 02, 2017, 10:43:21 AM »

hello all,

my attention has been lowered in the recent year due to private inflictions, the moderator team urges me to show presence and basic maintenance. as time goes by we are now in the year ten (10) of the forum administered by me, the forums overall lifetime lies at 12 years by now. since all that years a forums software has done an incredible job at providing stability, the version1 of the forums nevertheless is no more state of the art and is really outdated by now

so, my plan is to make experiments,first i try to make the experiment of upgrading the forum with all plugins and data

if anythin goes wrong here the content of forum nowadays will be snapshoted and provided under this url as usual to keep external links intact

so, this experiment will start at evening of 3rd of februrary and will end on 5th of february, the forum will be in maintenance mode during that time

hold your thumbs it will be a smooth update

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 02:55:14 PM »

If at all possible, start with a backup of everything. (But you knew that already.)

Thanks for the taking the trouble and ... best of luck! smiley
zebastian
Conqueror

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 07:12:08 PM »

hi christian,

thanks a lot for your work you put into this!
In 20 years this forum will be the last one still alive smiley
I hope the upgrade runs good.

Cheers
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 09:07:33 PM »

updates  cheesy

so it seems you were mentioning backups of some sort?  what is the backup situation like exactly?  it would sure be a shame to ever lose all the information stored here  lips are sealed
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 10:48:11 PM »

updates  cheesy

so it seems you were mentioning backups of some sort?  what is the backup situation like exactly?  it would sure be a shame to ever lose all the information stored here  lips are sealed

Everything will be safe!

In a worst case scenario we may lock this site down so no external links will be lost, and start a fresh forum trying to import all member databases, post counts, "rankings" and such.

It may get complicated, and it may go smoothly, but this forum will remain safe!  We all put a lot of our energy into this site over the years and nobody wants to see anything happen to it   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 05:59:15 PM »

sry people, i am just not seeing any reason why i would have to update the forum, please post your thoughts in the poll thread
(experiment forums2 intallation will take place but no switch will take place )

check out the vote
http://www.fractalforums.com/fractal-forums-news/forum-update-needed/

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: