Logo by DsyneGrafix - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:22:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Giving life to some parameters  (Read 1475 times)
friction
Forums Newbie

« on: January 31, 2017, 11:13:27 PM »

Hi there,

I have a fractal landscape animation, it looks like a cavernous coral like world
made up of an Amazing box and a rotate.
I can zoom in quite deeply on it which is working great and the corals have some great detail and depth.
I'm looking for a way to just oscillate the parameters so that as I move in things are morphing slightly.
Is there a third formula I can add that will be the one that will morph the parameters for me.
I would love to keep the look I have but just animate some.
the parameters form the amazing box and rotate are changing everything too radically.

any help appreciated
Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 12:16:20 AM »

Hi friction,

I am not quite sure if I interpret what you want in the right way, but I'd try to add _transform as first formula and check Repeat from here on the 2nd formula. That way you can slowly rotate and move. Also check the possibilities of the Copy to C option.
Hope this is what you are looking for!

sabine62.deviantart.com
friction
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 06:29:23 PM »

Thank you for answering.

I tried the Transform and it was just too large of a change even if tiny macro adjustments.
I have the look I want from my fractal, its got these interesting Coral looking cavern like environment.

If I could just find a parameter to change without adding another formula it would be great. since adding another formula
changes the look drastically. Is there a formula I can add that would not change the current look and it will just be used to
give some localized animation to the formations.
That would be the best solution, another would be to find a parameter within the 2 formulas in there now that will undulate and morph.

I was trying the Scale and the Min R of the Amazing box but it was too big of a change.
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 06:43:32 PM »

I think you need to combine two things:

1. Find a sweet spot in the fractal where the things stay a bit more stable when changing the specific parameter you have in mind
2. Make as small as possible changes to the parameter (perhaps change your method of input, try keyboard over mouse for example)

How many digits after the decimal sign do you keep the same? Are changes in the order of 0.001 or more like 0.00000000001?
Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 07:10:23 PM »

Too bad _transform is too crude at your (apparently rather deep) zoom-level. To my knowledge there is no other (pre-)transform that will do what you want.

One other option apart from those offered by youhn you could try is using the Spherical coords on the Julia-tab (provided Julia is enabled already)

sabine62.deviantart.com
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 05:03:06 AM »

I was trying the Scale and the Min R of the Amazing box but it was too big of a change.

You chose two of the most sensitive parameters in the amazing box.   If I am deep zoomed in, then I may  need to tweak  those parameters in   .00001 units.

There are plenty of transforms that can be added that have default parameters of 0 (and in some cases 1.0) where they make no difference until you move away from default. They are a good place to start tweaking from.
friction
Forums Newbie

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 05:38:47 PM »

There are plenty of transforms that can be added that have default parameters of 0 (and in some cases 1.0) where they make no difference until you move away from default. They are a good place to start tweaking from.

Can you please point me to some good examples and also how do the formulas affect each other when they are first in chain or last?

Thanks so much for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: