Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:36:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Software choice query  (Read 4116 times)
Bibby
Forums Newbie

« on: January 03, 2017, 10:55:22 AM »

Hello all,

I was wondering if there are any major speed advantages/disadvantages between the likes of Mandelbulb3D and Mandelbulber, for creating animations.

I'm recovering from a severe traumatic brain injury (long story) and have had to re-learn how to use Mandelbulb3D, as that's what I used to use before the 'incident'. And I'm doing ok with it, but for obvious reasons I'm no way as clever as half of you lot.

I have had to re-learn how to use the software, and how to use my sythesizers, as I like to combine animations with my music. Like little music videos I guess.

I was just wondering whether or not to contemplate downloading Mandelbulber, and learning that instead. I currently use an i5 on this machine, but my MB3D machines both use an i7. Although I'm hoping to build a Xeon E5-2699 machine later in the year, which I'm hoping will make a good faster animated fractal builder.

I've stuck a youtube link at the bottom, just to give you an idea of the stuff I enjoy making. Which may help with any answers.

Thanks for your time.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aZIWrKGUzcE&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/aZIWrKGUzcE&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: