Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:14:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: How to convert MB3D parameter code to people can read like flame code?  (Read 7176 times)
fengda2870
Forums Freshman

« on: December 30, 2016, 08:01:16 AM »

How to convert MB3D parameter code to people can read like flame code?

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 09:07:46 AM »

You cannot at the moment roll eyes

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
fengda2870
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 09:08:27 AM »

You cannot at the moment roll eyes
Why?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 10:45:21 AM »

Why?

Because of the way MB3D is built, formulas are all in Assembly Language and there is no easy way to convert them.

So far only a few people here have managed to write new formulas MB3D can read.

Plus, the original programmer, Jesse, moved on a while ago, and new releases were made by Thargor6 (who knows how difficult such a thing would be!). But he has had to slow his efforts on the software as well.

Yet another member had a start-and-stop effort reworking MB3D into a more modern, 64 bit, version.  But again, had to take an indefinite break.

I'd advise making a feature request of the creator of whatever fractal generator to which you wish to import theses parameters.  Ask them for an MB3D Import feature.  It's far more likely to happen than an export feature from MB3D!

I think MB3D's source code is available publicly.  If not, I am sure that the programmer of your software of choice can get a copy of it from one of the people here.

I Hope that helps.

EDIT:  Oops...

I thought you asked about importing them to a Flame Fractal Thing, in which case the formula + Parameters would be needed to get the whole thing working.

I re-read it and I see you just want to read the code like that sort of code!

I should never post before I have my Coffee!!

The rest of the post was left in case it has any bearing, but I think I just misunderstood the question...   hurt
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 11:21:43 AM by Sockratease, Reason: fix » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 03:32:42 PM »

I wanted to say that it should be a relatively straightforward change to the save/load methods, duplicating them and working in ASCII/UTF-8 instead of binary+maybe compression+uuencode... but then I looked at the code to try to identify the parts which need changing, found a million "magic numbers" and no clear save/load point... yeah I don't know, maybe it's not so easy lips are sealed

(I'm also curious about whether that much-lauded MB3D rewrite/reboot will actually happen, after all the hubbub over renaming it etc!)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: