Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 09:56:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Mandelbulb 3D  (Read 11024 times)
Description: Mandelbulb 3D fractals in the movie
Caleidoscope
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 09:40:12 AM »

Wow, Conratulations Haltenny.   A Beer Cup
Indeed an honor to be part in such a huge movie. I'm so glad for you and I can't wait to see the movie, I loved part one, absolutely a favourite.
Enjoy this time of great excitement, have fun!  smiley

"Today you create the memory for tomorrow, be sure to make it a good one"
haltenny
Safarist

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2016, 07:33:35 PM »

Wow, Conratulations Haltenny.   A Beer Cup
Indeed an honor to be part in such a huge movie. I'm so glad for you and I can't wait to see the movie, I loved part one, absolutely a favourite.
Enjoy this time of great excitement, have fun!  smiley

Thanks very much!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2016, 10:06:43 PM »

"definately is dr strange the ultimate fractal film cheesy" <- wrong post by me

people, do i sense a huge wave of chaos theory usage in popular media? dr strange, guardians of the galaxy, and just watching dirk gentleys hollistic series on netflix hehe, at least one mandelbrot spottet inside so far, is this driving more attention to our cause? i believe so, lean back and watch
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:15:13 PM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 10:39:05 PM »

I think it's about "bang for the buck", to have an artist paint or created these things by hand would be $$$ prohibitive but a consumer grade gfx card can render reasonably fast, so these fantastic scenes are going to be more and more prevalent in sci-fi fantasy films as the technology advances... cheesy 10 years from now we will look back and giggle at the primitive methods.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 11:37:50 PM »

i propose a long time ago a full fledged distance method renderer and object construction, mandelbulber has come close to what i imagine, i wonder if the tools they create for these fractals in movies will at some point be accessible to a broad audience, i am sure they produce a whole lot of awesome utilities managing all the parameters and camera pathes at perfect match rates for post processing ... ;/

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 12:02:16 AM »

and i certainly do hope they make massive use of hybrid fractals wink

*sorry for hijacking this thread hal

---

haltenny
Safarist

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 12:10:39 AM »

and i certainly do hope they make massive use of hybrid fractals wink

*sorry for hijacking this thread hal

smiley I wish I could say more about it. Part of the thing about it too is they didn't tell me much about how they were going to use the work I sent. I couldn't hardly give away any secrets about the film, because I don't know any! They only let me see a very few concept images. I did send them quite a few sample .obj's from voxel stacks. Quite a few images and some parameters too. Pretty sure the mandelbulb work will be quite recognizable. Just have to wait and see.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 12:49:26 AM »

smiley I wish I could say more about it. Part of the thing about it too is they didn't tell me much about how they were going to use the work I sent. I couldn't hardly give away any secrets about the film, because I don't know any! They only let me see a very few concept images. I did send them quite a few sample .obj's from voxel stacks. Quite a few images and some parameters too. Pretty sure the mandelbulb work will be quite recognizable. Just have to wait and see.

you already said enough to get us (me) hyped - especcially right after i realized the use of mandelbox in dr strange ( side note, anyone remembers "big hero6" use of mandelbulb? )

---

Robbe
Forums Newbie

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 09:13:35 PM »

Just seen Guardians, and decided to make an account just to tell everyone how amazing the movie is.
Seriously. Go watch it (in 3d!) if you can.

Also I really love how marvel keeps using fractals in their movies (big hero 6, Dr.Strange and now guardians).

Are their any other movies that have fractals in them? (apart from interstellar)
Tglad
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2017, 04:34:57 AM »

Suicide squad.
DsyneGrafix
Forums Freshman

https://www.facebook.com/
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 02:46:55 AM »

Huge Kudo's for such an awesome gig! There are people all over da, FaceBook as well as here that are thrilled for you!

A Visual Artist of the Fractal Realm!
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 06:41:01 AM »

While I have some idea of this particular group of Marvel anti heroes it is the fractal dynamics and olouration I saw in the film that deserves comment.
Great Job!
By now I see fractal designs and geometries everywhere and so they are  not unusual. But now I know one of our community gnerated that dynamic imagery and 3d environment it confirms my opinion of th vital importance of Fractlforums .com going forward for the next generations .
Being a product of the Marvel and DC worlds myself, I recognise how much they influenced my young mind bout human potential and ingenuity..
Fractal spaciometry and dynamics will guide the next generation of technologists, scientists and designers and artisans. And this community has a major role to play in that future.

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
vfxsup
Forums Newbie

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 03:11:39 AM »

Cool stuff. I remember a thread a while ago pointing out some sort of Apollonian Gasket-style 3D fractal in the trailer and speculation that someone on this forum was working on the movie.

Not sure how much you can really reveal, but I'm wondering how they went about incorporating the render into their movie.

I'm not sure how much I can say about this but I will find out and try to post some information about how it was done.
CozyG
Forums Freshman

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2017, 05:42:42 AM »

Here's an article from fxguide, a website dedicated to the special effects industry:
The fractal nature of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
It's fairly lengthy, and mentions Hal Tenny, FractalForums, and Mandelbulb3D several times (sometimes as "Mandelblub"?!).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 05:50:16 AM by CozyG » Logged
Spain2points
Navigator

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2017, 10:04:31 PM »

I thought the photogrammetry applied to mb3d produced images was just a brilliant solution.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: