Logo by S Nelson - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: JWildfire 3.00 release: 3D rendering, improved UI and Mac OS X support  (Read 4543 times)
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« on: November 29, 2016, 03:58:11 AM »

It has been a while since the last release, but sometimes things just need time 🙂
I cant’t remember exactly, but I think we had in the end 6 ALPHA versions and 9 BETA versions to finally finish
what is now simply called “JWildfire 3.0“.

The complete list of changes is rather large, I will post only a little excerpt:
3D SOLID RENDERING
– completely new 3d (solid) rendering mode for flame fractals, featuring
– ambient shadows
– distant light-sources
– specular lighting, several diffuse-response functions
– reflection-mapping
– hard and soft shadows
– z-buffer-output

– new “obj_mesh_wf” and “obj_mesh_primitive_wf”-variations to allow you to integrate
meshes as shapes into your fractals. While “obj_mesh_wf” allows you to load arbitrary
meshes (e .g. found in the web, there are tons of free meshes out there), you may
use “obj_mesh_primitive_wf” to use numerous predifined presets
– both variations support:
– uv-colormaps
– uv-displacement-maps
– geometry-smoothing (using the Taubin-smooth-algorithm)

– new “yplot2d_wf”-, “yplot3d_wf”- and “parplot2d_wf”-variations to generate geometry
by plotting arbitrary mathematical functions (e.g. “sin(x*x+z*z)”)
– all of those variations contain many very cool presets, e.g. there are 35 presets
included in the “parplot2d_wf”-variaton, just slide through them by changing the
“preset_id”

– new “plane_wf”-variation for easy creation of a textured plane
– script-generator (which creates scripts from a flame) also creates solid-attributes
for solid flames

– support for invisible objects which can receive shadows. This way you can let
fractals cast real-looking shadows on objects inside a background-image, inspired
by Oak Fractal Sandbox by David Byrd (http://www.davidbyrd.io/)
– this options is supported by the variations “obj_mesh_wf”, “obj_mesh_primitive_wf”
and “plane_wf”

– completely new DOF for solid rendering with bokeh-effects. This DOF is a post-effect
(and works totally different than the regular DOF) and is not visible in the fast-preview(!).
But, it also gives better results.
One way to adjust the DOF is to turn solid rendering of in order to show the regular DOF
in fast-preview, adjust it (position and strength),
and then turn solid rendering on again

– new “Solid Julia3D”-random-flame-generator to create random solid flames
– new “Solid (experimental)”-random-flame-generator to create random solid flames
– new “Solid (stunning)”-random-flame-generator to create random solid flames
– new “Solid Labyrinth”-random-flame-generator
– new option in the Prefrences to disable solid-flame-random-generators inside the global “All”-random-flame-generator

IMPROVED UI
– huge UI change: the main flame-window was broken into multiple smaller windows
– new Navigator-window to make it easier to navigate between windows
– window-state for all windows inside the desktoip is saved in the Preferences
– new “Tips of the day”-window, may be turned off
– the Welcome-window (still providing some useful links) is not show per default,
but you can reach it in the menu
– Customizable background and convenience-darkening effect (see
desktopBackgroundImagePath and desktopBackgroundDarkenAmount in the Preferences)
– supplied a background-image from my own library
– removed the combobox to select the edit-plane, and added three buttons in the
main editor area instead
– new “List of changes”-window to display the list of changes made in the software
– improved image-quality for scaled image-display on the desktop (e. g. after
loading an image or displaying a rendered image)
– option to auto-reload saved images from the interactive renderer (in order so be
able to check them quickly), may be turned off in the Preferences
– option to manually save a z-buffer-image in the interactive renderer
– buttons to easily randomize light-position and light-color (for solid flames)
– the params in the nonlinear-tab can now get “expanded” in order to access them
all at one time, thanks to Martin Flink to the suggestion!
– new parameter tinaDefaultExpandNonlinearParams in the Preferences to turn the
expansion of the nonlinear-param-controls per default to on
– exchanged some icons in the main editor
– variations-editing: the controls use non-fractional step-size when changing a parameter having integer-values (like
power of “julia3D”-variation)

GPU RENDERING
– experimental gpu-rendering by integration of FACLRender, and external GPU
renderer, made by Steven Brodhead (see the integrated info-window for more
details)
– new info-window about GPU-rendering
– new GPU-render window to interactively render flames, only available
under Windows.
Quick way to test out if a certain flame works, you would usually do this,
before you animate it, and then finally use the batch-renderer with enabled
GPU-renderer to render a sequence.
– integrated the external OpenCL-renderer in the batch-renderer
– new option tinaFACLRenderOptions in the Preferences to influence the options
used to invoke the external GPU render

MAC OS X SUPPORT
– native installer for Mac OS
– some optimizations for Mac OS X to improve user experience
– made “System” the default theme under MacOS
– renamed the main class to JWildfire in order to get “JWildfire” displayed as application on Mac
– changed to initial directory for the directory-select-box in the flame-browser (works now on Mac)
– set up default resolution- and quality-profiles when no preferences file could be found

MISC
– new “Orchids”-random-flame-generator

– New local hue parameter at the Local Gamma tab (called “Gamma”), allowing much more variations in color than using only the default coloring
– New randomizer-buttons at the Local Gamma tab, to randomize each parameter individually

– added a quarter-render-size option in the Interactive Renderer

– Removed the Shading-tab and all the options for Blur-Shading, Distance-Color-Shading and Pseudo3D-Shading.
– the popular blur-shading was re-introduced as new option under the “DOF / Bokeh” – tab as “Post blur”
– distance-color-shading was removed completely, if you liked it, please keep an old version
– Pseudo3D-shading is obsolete due to new 3d rendering

– removed the rarely used brightness-slider in the main editor
– removed the rarely used Chaotica-bridge

– recreated the SystemInfo window and added a function to clear the cache (which hold resources like fonts, meshes, …
in order to speed up future calculations)
– new “Transfer to Interactive Renderer”-button in the main editor
– removed the MutaGen-button in the main editor

– added two new parameters to the “subflame_wf” variation: “colorscale_z” (adds depth to the outer flame according
to the color-information of the inner flame) and “use_colors” (use the computed color-information of the inner
flame as color of the outer flame)
– the “subflame_wf”-variation also respect hidden samples now and can recover iteration after receiving
invalid results (e. g. division by zero)

– added new parameters “axis”, “centre_x”, “centre_y” and “centre_y” to the “pre_wave3D_wf”-variation
– added experimental “direct_color”-parameter to the “truchet”-variation

– new “MobiusN”-variation by eralex

– replaced the link to variation-guide, hosted by user FractalGee, which seems to be permanently off, by a link to
the variations-list supplied by Don Town

– 3 new SINEPOW-filter-kernels (with predefined power-levels)

– the “Rnd”-button now can also operate on newly created flames

– refined the default resolution- and quality-profiles

– improved the speed of the MutaGen

– changed the layout of the sub-tabs “DoF” and “Solid rendering”

– slightly shorter startup time due to the use of more simple random-flames-generator at startup

– support for loading and saving Fusion-compatible *.spl-files in the motion-curve-editor

– moved the “Rnd”-button at a new “Misc”-tab

Some examples:

Here is the download link: http://www.andreas-maschke.com/?page_id=351

Best regards,
Andreas

Have fun!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 11:14:06 AM »

Looking forward to finding the time to play with the mesh import feature!

I downloaded it and found the option, but can't make it do anything interesting yet   sad

I'll get it figured out soon enough though, I hope!

Thanks for all your hard work   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 12:03:42 PM »

Thanks! You may use it like any baseshape you regular use, e.g. a (pre_blur + something)-combination.
Just exchange this by a mesh or a 3dplot.
It both works in "classic"-2d fractals and in solid flames.

Hmmm, maybe I should release some flame-pack with examples later.

Cheers!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 03:34:06 PM »

Stickied surfing Repeating Zooming Self-Silimilar Thumb Up, by Craig

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 08:09:10 PM »

Wow
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 11:55:56 PM »

Wow. The mesh import is a great enhancement afro
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 12:43:56 AM »

I downloaded it and found the option, but can't make it do anything interesting yet   sad
Hi, I just saw that a flame-pack was released at dA (I did not check it, but the title image looks interesting), hopefully it helps: http://snicker02.deviantart.com/art/Solid-Flame-Pack-BS-648562124

Cheers!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 11:09:10 AM »

Hi, I just saw that a flame-pack was released at dA (I did not check it, but the title image looks interesting), hopefully it helps: http://snicker02.deviantart.com/art/Solid-Flame-Pack-BS-648562124

Cheers!

Thankies!  I'll have more time this weekend - the work weeks are getting crazier and crazier over here, but I still get a little play time on the weekends.

At least for now...

The world desperately needs a few Cow-Flame images so people can sleep at night without laying awake wondering why there are none out there!!

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 11:38:36 AM »

The world desperately needs a few Cow-Flame images so people can sleep at night without laying awake wondering why there are none out there!!
Absolutely! cheesy
Snicker02
Alien

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 01:27:25 AM »

Cheers!

I made the flame pack... If anyone needs my help please let me know smiley It is a whole new JWF world!!! I do not visit here very often but you can find me on Facebook ... just search for Brad Stefanov smiley
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:53:24 AM by Snicker02 » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 11:08:26 AM »

I made the flame pack... If anyone needs my help please let me know smiley It is a whole new JWF world!!! I do not visit here very often but you can find me on Facebook ... just search for Brad Stefanov smiley

Thanks for the parameter pack!

It's not the solid rendering mode that is confusing me on my couple tries so far, it's how to use my own obj files for nifty patterns   cry  I get the Cow into JWildfire just fine, but nothing I have tried does much of any interest.

Yet!

I'll have more time this weekend to play with this, but the few examples I saw were just using the solid rendering mode, not importing a mesh.

Sorry, but while you say you rarely visit here - I never visit facebook!

So we may not get to communicate much, but the examples are still appreciated   cheesy

Snicker02
Alien

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 12:51:07 PM »

Thanks for the parameter pack!

It's not the solid rendering mode that is confusing me on my couple tries so far, it's how to use my own obj files for nifty patterns   cry  I get the Cow into JWildfire just fine, but nothing I have tried does much of any interest.

Yet!

I'll have more time this weekend to play with this, but the few examples I saw were just using the solid rendering mode, not importing a mesh.

Sorry, but while you say you rarely visit here - I never visit facebook!

So we may not get to communicate much, but the examples are still appreciated   cheesy

follow this tutorial and change exchange the sphere with the cow lol <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mfw&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Mfw&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a> ummm guess link is not working... go to youtube and search Mfw_pckG8KE
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 01:19:45 PM »

I get the Cow into JWildfire just fine, but nothing I have tried does much of any interest.
It is very difficult to help here as I do not know what exactly would be of interest for you. Do you have a rough idea what do you want to achieve? An image with 10000 Cows in it? Or a bended cow? Or Cows eating planets? I really don't know how to help you without more information.

Cheers!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 10:39:06 PM »

follow this tutorial and change exchange the sphere with the cow lol

Will definitely give it a go tonight or tomorrow - FINALLY got a weekend!!  I swear somebody sneaked in a few extra days this week somehow.  It was just too long!

It is very difficult to help here as I do not know what exactly would be of interest for you. Do you have a rough idea what do you want to achieve? An image with 10000 Cows in it? Or a bended cow? Or Cows eating planets? I really don't know how to help you without more information.

Cheers!

Cows eating planets sounds nice   afro

I mean, they do that all the time anyhow, but the closest I ever came to depicting it was an image which only fans of Marvel Comics would find funny.

But since that image does have a fractal in it - I'll post it just for fun (sorry, it's an MB3D Fractal and not JWildfire).

I give you  ...  Galactose Intolerant!

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 02:20:48 AM »

I give you  ...  Galactose Intolerant!
LOL, this really made me laugh cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: