Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 05:22:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Rendering: tiles visible in final render  (Read 5410 times)
Description: Changed title of Tiling...
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2016, 07:29:51 AM »

@Crist-JRoger if only humor would translate better  undecided
2560x1600 and render just 1 tile works no problem in v1.0.25  huh?

if the buffer size is wrong in the GUI view after a big render it should be ok after a buffer reset in the Buffer Size pull down (Lock Window to Size)

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 07:39:54 AM »

3dickulus,I don't know, I like original 1.0.0 version  Azn

Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 10:11:07 AM »

Thanks(!) to 3Dickulus and Crist-JRoger I managed to render this one below (100% padding, 2000 subframes), yesyes!! No more tiling! Left the bloom to what it was for now and it's better in the final render than on screen which basically must mean that I've overdone with the bloom anyway initially :} Will experiment more with less padding and the bloom taps

I am on 1.0.22-Qt_5_4_2-MinGW-version, max tilesize is 256x256! I thought that  was the latest version (it's the most stable one I've had until now though). And rendering with the fullscreen (Render>Fullscreen (Escape key toggles)) option: I have a rendered image there within a minute, but it looks more like a preview quality-wise? Tried to render as 1 tile in the Scorpion version and my gpu driver died on me laugh

M Benesi, will test what changing the coordsview will do and let you know

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=19568

sabine62.deviantart.com
Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2016, 12:26:01 PM »

Condrats!!!  cheesy Nice render  wink

No need 100% padding, 20-25% usually enough
About GPU crash read here and do it ) Why does Fragmentarium crash?

Fragmentarium has no "preview", it is how it is ) just increase subframes and it will be rendered like Chaotica or JWildFire progressive render, so don't click on scene and wait  grin

Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 02:50:09 PM »

Switched to 1.0.25-Qt_5_4_2-MinGW, can render 1 tile 1920x1080, 2000 subframes now! No padding and exactly same quality as the render with tiling and high padding!  smiley No excess heat for hot tub either  grin

Crist-JRoger thank you! smiley I am learning, so lots of artefacts still and such. Interface (camera/raytracer) is so different to mb3d that I do not have a lot of control over where I am navigating yet wink
Will experiment more with padding (or stay with 1-tile render! wink) I forgot to set the subframes to 2000 when doing the full screen render embarrass But checking now, I can go only to 200 max. in main screen, maybe that's different for other OS.
Also thank you for the Syntopia-link. Had implemented those registry settings on old computer... and totally forgot about them ;}
3Dickulus' version seems so much more stable, no problems rendering the big tile...

sabine62.deviantart.com
Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 04:00:05 PM »

Always welcome )
Glad to see Fragmentarium's activity  embarrass
Interface looks more like 3D computer game (W,S,A,D,Q,E,..., mouse wheel)
And yes, you can create all effects and explore fractal with complete settings, if GPU allows

For me, original version by Syntopia seems to be more comfortable and usable, because I often go far out from sliders limit  grin Try to manipulate sliders by keyboard arrows  smiley
(Knighty, sorry, but it's fun)

Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 06:10:47 PM »

M Benesi: changed the coordsview, not a good idea;) Got big blurred tiles, like a pixelation almost! wink So we can skip that as culprit, which is only good! Padding seems the answer after all smiley

Crist-JRoger: Ahh yes, keyboard input!! I didn't even try, though I am used to do a lot with W and S in mb3d...  embarrass Thank you again!!
Sliders: Often the sliders when handled with keyboard are too slow to make any progress, and somehow arrow up/down do edit size of steps did not work properly in previous version, it got stuck  roll eyes But in new version works great!
Slider limits: I too simply change sliders to bigger values (and/or negative ones, if needed);}
uniform vec3 JuliaC; slider[(-2,-2,-2),(0,0,0),(2,2,2)] --> uniform vec3 JuliaC; slider[(-4,-4,-4),(0,0,0),(4,4,4)]
works well in this version 1.0.25 too wink
It's basically why I adore this program, everything is editable...

sabine62.deviantart.com
Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 07:08:09 PM »

About slider limits... just imagine:

You created scene, a lot of details-shadows-reflexions-ao... and decide add volumetric light or something else. Nobody knows how much. Maybe 0.001, maybe 1000. For now it will be 100000 for example, but slider has limit 1. And you forced to escape from the creative process, going to programming interface and change code  undecided And than needs rebuild scene once again (Long ago I just forgot about clicking F5 everytime grin )
Unlimited sliders helps, really. It's simple  smiley

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2016, 08:01:57 PM »

Thanks Sabine!  Good job on getting it to work.

I started looking into that on my own and got distracted by another issue- couldn't even do renders in my compiled version of .25 (I remember I was supposed to correct a piece of code... but forget which piece... better look through messages). 

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2016, 11:37:00 PM »

@sabine62 to help with navigating v1.0.25 (win exe)
MiddleMouseButton click in the render view will point the camera to that direction, I find this with rolling mouse wheel is a great way to explore.
also, if the raytracer frag, like DE-Kn2.frag, has PosLight tab with vec3 named LightPos for coords it can be set by <CTRL> + MiddleMouseButton click, the DepthToAlpha checkbox in the Post tab has an effect on how Z depth is calculated, UnChecked will place the light in front of the object surface, Checked will try to place the light at the distance from camera for this pixel, which varies a bit depending on NormalBackstep. A bit convoluted, but that's the current state.

the maximum single tile size in v1.0.25 is 3840x2160 this gives a maximum image size of 384000x216000, but depending on your GFX card the absolute max might be more like 8129x8192, this limitation applies to all (Qt) image formats except EXR, this format is saved to file as it's created so it doesn't have to hold the entire image in memory and should allow an absolute maximum image size of 384000x216000 (1277.6 Mega pixels).

@Crist-JRoger v1.0.26 has a dialog (RMB on slider) that replaces arrow keys for adjusting the slider step size, should be able to adjust min/max for slider too? wink

happy hunting A Beer Cup

edit: http://www.fractalforums.com/images-showcase-(rate-my-fractal)/bloom-test-2-t24485/
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 04:33:10 AM by 3dickulus, Reason: test » Logged

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2016, 10:15:15 AM »

3dickulus, can you set free sliders (as original Fragmentarium) and create option to enable slider borders if needed? It will be a reason for going to your version  smiley

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2016, 11:33:03 AM »

...from Qt5 docs
The slider forces the value to be within the legal range: minimum <= value <= maximum.
When the slider is created Qt imposes min/max.

maybe older Qt didn't care about min/max or maybe the way the event handler was setup was broken and allowed this overshoot,
but honestly huh? you can't manage typing in a couple of numbers and clicking the build button once in a while huh? it's trivial really.

in older versions of Fragmentarium when the value goes outside of the valid slider range it doesn't update the value in the gui anyways so you have no idea what number is there. Surely the new features and fixes outweigh a broken event handler. undecided

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2016, 02:28:37 PM »

sad bad news, i like your feature with "Copy group" buttons
I just don't want manage sliders in every scene every time  wink It's more important than all changes between 1.0.0 and yours )

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2016, 08:13:54 PM »

it's a GLSL programming environment and this has nothing to do with tiling undecided

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2016, 08:49:08 AM »

3Dickulus Thank you for the navigation-tips! I really could do with those  Yes !! I guess mousewheel could act as middle mouse-button, will have a good look at the possibilities...

Re your last post: should I change the topic to something more clear (no idea if I can change it but will try if you think it's helpful)?
Update Changed it to something hopefully better...

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:03:20 AM by sabine62 » Logged

sabine62.deviantart.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: