Logo by Maya - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 11:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: mandelbrot in 3d  (Read 5807 times)
Description: just foolin around
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 06:03:14 PM »

I have just worked out how to do a 2d slice of a Mandlebrot extrusion in 3d.
Because of the fast renders you can experiment very quickly.  The programme is ace.

Besides being quite fast, all of the 3-D images are REAL 3-D objects that can be exported to other 3-D rendering applications (in various file formats).  There are not too many fractal generators that are capable of doing this, especially with the new Mandelbulbs.

jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 11:57:37 PM »

Wow !  Way cool!  I saw the pics of the printed 3d Mandelbulb and that was an object of desire. By the way When i have more time to play i will try more pallettes, but for now i am just learning about what is going on in the mandelbrot mode, then the julia next. To be honest i do not think i could do this with any other programme.

I can't seem to find an active group for terry's programmes.

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 01:04:01 PM »

Wow !  Way cool! 
To be honest i do not think i could do this with any other programme.
I can't seem to find an active group for terry's programmes. 

There is a group designed for the discussion and sharing of all things regarding Terry's applications:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/QuaSZ/

It has been around for about 8-1/2 years now, though not quite as active as it once was.  You are welcome to join up and make it more interesting !!!    smiley

jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 02:28:17 AM »

I have to say that anybody with a Mac who is interested in Mandelbulbs has to have QuaSZ
I have just found a Klein mandy already programmed in QuaSZ presumably for years before the Nylander gold rush! 
Check it out!

* kleinmandy.png (30.11 KB, 320x240 - viewed 238 times.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 12:57:13 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: