Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 08:45:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: GeoKone.NET :: Realtime Recursive Geometry Generator  (Read 11005 times)
inDigiNeous
Forums Newbie

« on: April 17, 2016, 09:19:09 PM »

Hey, I'm the developer of http://GeoKone.NET, an interactive recursive geometry generator.
Are you tired of the traditional mandelbrots? Seen enough Julia fractals already?

How about something different? Then check out http://GeoKone.NET smiley

Here's a couple of images made with GeoKone:

For more example images, see http://indigineous.tumblr.com

Anyway. Working with this kind of Sacred Geometry can also have very interesting effects on your consciousness. It can help you get into a state of trance, help you calm down and even develop your way of thinking. It's practically natural math in practice smiley

So try it out now @ http://GeoKone.NET, and if you create something cool, feel free to post in this topic!
Also if you have any questions, feel free to ask ^_^
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 09:50:02 AM »

very nice! playing around with it a little - this is fun!
thank you for sharing!

edit:
-I find it hard to do smaller changes with the sliders, they feel.. 'sluggish'?
-how do I get this nice glow effect like in your examples?

-whoa, switching on animation is magic!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:56:39 AM by Chillheimer » Logged

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 04:11:59 PM »

nice one, but i do not get exactly how to influence the geometry or base shapes, just numbers of iterations and sub points, i am missing something ?!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
inDigiNeous
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 08:26:48 AM »

very nice! playing around with it a little - this is fun!
thank you for sharing!

Glad to hear it!

edit:
-I find it hard to do smaller changes with the sliders, they feel.. 'sluggish'?
-how do I get this nice glow effect like in your examples?

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to look into those sliders more, I've noticed the same thing also.

It's better to use keyboard, SHIFT + Q or W for example will adjust the child radius ratio with the FINE TUNE (shift) modifier activated, which means you can make small changes easily.
The adjustments available are all on the keyboard, divided into Increase and Decrease keypairs. For example, E & R adjust the line width, A & Z number of points and so on.

The glow effect in the first image comes from repeating layers with different opacities and child radius ratios, overlaid on top of each other. Actually the first image is composited in Photoshop from many layers created with GeoKone, so that might also affect it.

-whoa, switching on animation is magic!

:-)
inDigiNeous
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 08:29:56 AM »

nice one, but i do not get exactly how to influence the geometry or base shapes, just numbers of iterations and sub points, i am missing something ?!

The basic idea of GeoKone is Number of Points and Recursion Depth.
So it's pretty simple in that way, basing the fractality around recursive circle like formations.

And then finding new formations from the interference of those patterns, for example changing the Child Radius Ratio which will adjust the ratio of the size of the children formations, which will the interfere with the 'base' and create new patterns from that.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: