Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 11:41:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: split-complex ternary algebra xD  (Read 6706 times)
Description: second attempt
kujonai
Forums Freshman

« on: January 04, 2010, 05:07:12 AM »

With a triplex  a + qb + pc   ←→  (a,b,c)   with a,b,c belong to z (complex) wink

q^1=+q      q^2=$p      q^3=$1
      q^4=$q      q^5=#p      q^6=#1
      q^7=#q      q^8=+p      q^9=+1

and  $1=(-1+i*sqrt(3))/2     #1=(-1-i*sqrt(3))/2  

..example for the simple iteration F(n+1)=F(n)^3+k  
with F(0)=0 and k belongs to z ....
or how and in what program can i to make this 3d fractal? some suggestions?

good luck to this new year cheesy
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:08:46 AM by kujonai » Logged
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 01:02:17 PM »

With a triplex  a + qb + pc   ←→  (a,b,c)   with a,b,c belong to z (complex) wink

If you can write code yourself and use Windows then a free solution is write a formula for either Fractint or ChaosPro, alternatively use Ultra Fractal.
Fractint is also a solution under Linux, I'm not sure what you could use on a Mac.

Note that there are 3D/4D formulas publicly available for all three programs (for say Julibrots or quaternions etc.) that you should be able to adapt.

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 08:55:13 PM »

The problem as i see it kujonai is that 3d fractal programmes are based on quaternions or some related set of algebra. So for example to use quaternions you will need to define your p in terms of j. This then may alter your mod (9) ring for q. Unless you can design a programme using a 3d plotter, you will have to adapt your vectors to quaternions with the appropriate scale factors.

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Timeroot
Fractal Fertilizer

The pwnge.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 03:04:31 AM »

If you can write code yourself and use Windows then a free solution is write a formula for either Fractint or ChaosPro, alternatively use Ultra Fractal.
Fractint is also a solution under Linux, I'm not sure what you could use on a Mac.

Note that there are 3D/4D formulas publicly available for all three programs (for say Julibrots or quaternions etc.) that you should be able to adapt.

Although there are built-in formulas for some 3D/4D fractals in FractInt, you cannot make your own 3D images of them - only 2D slices at a time.

Someday, man will understand primary theory; how every aspect of our universe has come about. Then we will describe all of physics, build a complete understanding of genetic engineering, catalog all planets, and find intelligent life. And then we'll just puzzle over fractals for eternity.
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 03:37:37 AM »

Although there are built-in formulas for some 3D/4D fractals in FractInt, you cannot make your own 3D images of them - only 2D slices at a time.

I thought Fractint's compiler was sophisticated enough to write your own 3D ray-tracing code, but it is a while since I used Fractint smiley

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Timeroot
Fractal Fertilizer

The pwnge.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 01:53:42 AM »

Nope, the Fractint compiler is pretty weak. Doesn't even allow you to write your own ray-tracing code, because you can't include loops  sad It's too bad, because it calculates pretty fast.

Someday, man will understand primary theory; how every aspect of our universe has come about. Then we will describe all of physics, build a complete understanding of genetic engineering, catalog all planets, and find intelligent life. And then we'll just puzzle over fractals for eternity.
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 10:23:40 AM »

I wonder if Terry Gintz idynamasz might do the job?

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 11:25:14 AM »

(a+q*b+c*p)^3  i get

a^3+4*a*b*c +2*b*c^2+b^3*(-1+i*sqrt(3))/2+c^3*(-1-i*sqrt(3))/2

(3*(a^2)*b+2*a*b*c +b*c^2)*p

(3*(a^2)*c +b^2*c+3*a*c^2*(-1-i*sqrt(3))/2+(3*(a)*b^2+2*b^2*c)*(-1+i*sqrt(3))/2)*q

Could somebody, or Kujonai check this please?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: