Logo by Jimpan1973 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:07:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Looking for HD fractal video software  (Read 9447 times)
Description: HD high resolution vdeo stream
fractfan
« on: January 01, 2010, 06:05:42 PM »

I'm looking for HD fractal video generating software. I have a cluster of linux boxes that I would like to use to generate high-resolution (~1920x1080) fractal videos. Most of my googling has led me to expensive software that is entirely proprietary.  I would like to be able to render videos similar to what's found at 3dfiction.com or the $20k HD electricsheep products.

An OSS/Linux type solution is preferred, but not something I wouldn't consider mandatory.  I have alot of x86_64 hardware at my disposal and would like to put it's spare CPU cycles to work, currently I have BOINC doing that for me.

So, the questions:

1) Is there any free (oss preferred) software for generating fractal videos?
2) If yes, is there a high resolution one?
3) Are there any grid type projects for generating HD fractal videos that everyone could benefit from?
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »

I know nothing of OSS/Linux.

The best freeware for what you want is probably ChaosPro (Windows):

http://www.chaospro.de/

If you want to render the Mandelbulb and similar fractals using ChaosPro then let me know and I'll adapt my WIP 3D formula for Ultra Fractal to work with ChaosPro.

Note that one drawback with ChaosPro is that it's not as stable as Ultra Fractal.

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 04:12:25 AM »

I'm looking for HD fractal video generating software.  I have a cluster of linux boxes that I would like to use to
    generate high-resolution (~1920x1080) fractal videos.  Most of my googling has led me to expensive software
    that is entirely proprietary.  I would like to be able to render videos similar to what's found at 3dfiction.com or
    the $20k HD electricsheep products.

An OSS/Linux type solution is preferred, but not something I wouldn't consider mandatory.  I have alot of x86_64
    hardware at my disposal and would like to put it's spare CPU cycles to work, currently I have BOINC doing that for me.

So, the questions:
        1)  Is there any free (oss preferred) software for generating fractal videos?
        2)  If yes, is there a high resolution one?
        3)  Are there any grid type projects for generating HD fractal videos that everyone could benefit from?

There are several fractal rendering applications capable of that particular resolution.  The questions are:
  • What types of fractals will you be wanting to create?
  • Do you want 3-D capabilities?
  • How deep will you be zooming?
  • etc...

FractInt is quite capable of creating such images for videos.  You may see many examples of what has been produced with FractInt from this site:

http://www.fractal-animation.net/ufvp.html

And here is another site for such videos:

http://chabin.laurent.free.fr/vff/vff.html

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 05:54:23 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: