Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 03:13:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: How do you find minisets in the burning ship (buffalo/celtic)  (Read 3310 times)
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« on: February 03, 2016, 02:24:29 PM »

Hi guys!
Inspired by Kalles "reward"-thread and some of the incredible locations in the "not mandelbrot"-sets, I tried to find my way around there.
but I get terribly stuck in 90% of my zooms and never manage to find the way out of the same ever repeating patterns.
in the m-set I know what to look for, the doubling areas. but that approach doesn't seem to work in the other fractals, as they are not connected.

for example in the attached one(pic+zip with kfr).. no matter where I go, I don't find areas of raised complexity, not to speak any hints of a mini-set..

do you have any tips for me, what features do I have to look for?

* wayout.jpg (33.71 KB, 640x360 - viewed 460 times.)
* wayout1.zip (2.29 KB - downloaded 215 times.)

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
panzerboy
Fractal Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 11:53:04 PM »

I don't think there are any mini-sets in that area, its below the main set.
Zooming back you don't any smaller sets budding off the main set.
Look above the main set there are a couple of big mini-sets and then filaments leading from them to progressively smaller mini-sets.
One way of training yourself to find the smaller sets is to start with the bigger sets, then find the next smaller in the chain and then smaller and so on.
As the sets get small structures that 'point' to the mini set will still be there.
It seems important that there is an obvious sequence of larger to smaller sets.
I've been exploring for two hours now trying to find a mini-set in places where there's one obvious set but few obvious smaller sets.
No luck but some interesting places.
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:26:59 AM »

ahhh, so this means that unlike in the mandelbrot-set, where you can find a minibrot no matter at what point you are, in the burning ship and buffalo and other not connected sets, you don't find a miniset everywhere?!
this helps a lot. I thought I was caught up in my own feedback-loop. Reassuring that this is just how these sets work.
Thx for the input! smiley

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 04:15:16 PM »

Buffalo does contain many miniships, but Celtic and Perpendiular Mandelbrot are harder, and Perpendicular Burning Ship only contains miniships in a few areas so I think that is the harderst to find them.

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 04:17:25 PM »

minibrots appear in many (dis-)connected fractals, especially in the hybrid ones, if one minibrot is available there are usually many more to find wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: