Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 11:37:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Coloring  (Read 9334 times)
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2015, 11:52:06 PM »

Some really great landcapes, Crist-JRoger! And great to see that the Fragmentarium groups are so active :-)
Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2015, 06:27:41 AM »

Thank you! Very glad that you like it!
And i have some ideas to improve visual effects in DE-raytracer. I used your wang hash code, that's really great.

upd.: why texturing don't works with De-kn2? Only maptype 9 works.
Frags attached. Could somebody fix that?

* Tex_bump_test3.bmp Files.zip (14.63 KB - downloaded 95 times.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:21:49 AM by Crist-JRoger » Logged

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2015, 12:39:09 AM »

I glanced at the code- your bump test frag doesn't include anything to add the heightmaps to the DE of the fractal.

You have to incorporate the information provided by the "textureIT(...,...);" function call into the calculation somehow.  In addition, it's not really set up correctly.  Got to take care of some stuff though, so will be a bit before I get to it, I'd suggest looking at my working code and figuring out the information flow pattern.

Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2016, 08:52:30 AM »

I glanced at the code- your bump test frag doesn't include anything to add the heightmaps to the DE of the fractal.

You have to incorporate the information provided by the "textureIT(...,...);" function call into the calculation somehow.  In addition, it's not really set up correctly.  Got to take care of some stuff though, so will be a bit before I get to it, I'd suggest looking at my working code and figuring out the information flow pattern.

No no, it just about texturing, not about heightmap. At my previous attach i show that texturing works only at 9 type.

Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2016, 02:47:09 PM »

Regarding the render artifacts you had on texturing - I bet this is the same thing I had issues with - not sure which thread was that, but as 3dickulus pointed, that was something related to MIPMAPS and texture settings. I think I had these problems with Synthclipse, but they looked identical. You'll find it in recent Frag threads or in Synthclipse forum.

Visual Artist, Director & Cinematographer specialized in emerging imaging techniques.
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2016, 02:57:11 PM »

mipmap is disabled by default if the user does not add any extra texture parameters

try making your texture X size and Y size a power of 2
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:04:16 PM by 3dickulus » Logged

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2016, 01:06:46 AM »

No no, it just about texturing, not about heightmap. At my previous attach i show that texturing works only at 9 type.
  Hmm, I thought you meant heightmapping by "texturing".  That's pretty weird.  I put out a working coloring texture version of DE-Kn2 (should be in this or the "help!!!" thread) somewhere around here.

Problem with checking your code is my GPU is pretty slow and it takes about a minute to compile anything with DE-Kn2, so I don't like messing around with that code branch now.  It usually takes a whole bunch of compiles to get something good enough for release, and a whole bunch of waiting a whole minute when other people have GPUs that compile in 1/100th the time it takes for me to compile?  Nahgonnahappen.

I should eventually have a faster GPU so that I can accomplish more... but that's the future. 

Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2016, 11:58:16 PM »

I am bad programmer, but I like to make fractals  cheesy So played little time with texturing and find the point where height map coordinates coincides with picture coordinates (hMapType=4, hTextureOffset =18, 33.6)

Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2016, 08:31:51 PM »

Regarding the render artifacts you had on texturing - I bet this is the same thing I had issues with - not sure which thread was that, but as 3dickulus pointed, that was something related to MIPMAPS and texture settings. I think I had these problems with Synthclipse, but they looked identical. You'll find it in recent Frag threads or in Synthclipse forum.
I did'n find anything about height-mapping artifacts  sad

mipmap is disabled by default if the user does not add any extra texture parameters
try making your texture X size and Y size a power of 2
It does not depend on the scale, most of the brightness differences

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: