Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: It was only a matter of time.  (Read 862 times)
P_B
Forums Newbie

"Art Droppings" - Sockratease

« on: September 09, 2015, 02:18:23 PM »

GOOD MORNING FRACTAL LOVERS.

My fractal tale goes like this...

I found Ultra Fractal 3 in 2005 randomly, was not even looking for graphic design software of any kind, I was looking for games when I came across it. I am no artist, I cannot draw if my life depended on it, but I know what I like when I see it, and I was finding/putting together amazing images. It became a game to me, one I played for 5 years before my PC was put in storage with a 12 inch speaker to the left, and a 15 inch speaker to the right by some careless  evil  piece of...  fiery

Everything was gone, games, movies, music, all my formulas, all my parameters, all my rendered images. BUT... 1 survived, 1 image, and it was the most favored one I had made. will be posting later today. *EDIT going to post it first as profile picture size, tomorrow will post it as it was rendered in 2005.

5 years after it was put in storage I found it, and was inspired to look up Ultra Fractal, and have been playing UF5 for a few weeks now and it's just like riding a bike, basically picked up right where I left off, only now I got an animation tool to go with it.

Then I found this place, and with it I found Mandelbulb 3d, Chaospro, Mandelbulber, Chaosscope, and Apophysis. ALL FREEWARE  cheesy cheesy cheesy

On that note, I must say thank you to the developers of all those programs, and the forums. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.

Only problem I have now, is figuring out which to share with all of you. As there is a 1 post per day limit it will take some time before I get a nice gallery flowing, but I do hope to have a nice collection of my "droppings" here soon.

Hope everyone has a great day inside of whatever formula you are in.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:27:44 PM by P_B, Reason: stated i was going to do something today, when i just decided to do it tomorrow. » Logged

what are your co-ordinates in the fractal universe?
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 04:25:39 PM »

welcome to the forum! smiley

if you're going for speed and seriously deep zoom levels like 10^1000, try kalles fraktaler, also freeware:
http://www.fractalforums.com/kalles-fraktaler/kalles-fraktaler-2/

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
P_B
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 07:17:05 PM »

welcome to the forum! smiley

if you're going for speed and seriously deep zoom levels like 10^1000, try kalles fraktaler, also freeware:
http://www.fractalforums.com/kalles-fraktaler/kalles-fraktaler-2/

Looks great, thanks for the heads up.

Apparently I was missing " MSVCR100.dll " (windows system file, not part of program, but needed to run), have since gotten it (placed in application folder), and the program works great with so many options. I love it. Thank you very much.

That brings the total number of programs I'm playing with up to 7, and I grabbed them all in the past month, less for some of them. Got any more? My brain hasn't exploded yet.

Thanks again.

PieMan597
Conqueror

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 08:41:53 PM »

If you have a 64-bit system, ypu can tryMandel Machine. It is even faster than Kalles Fraktaler.
P_B
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 02:25:21 AM »

If you have a 64-bit system, ypu can tryMandel Machine. It is even faster than Kalles Fraktaler.

Looks great. Only I am not all that interested in installing java on my system.

any way around that?

PieMan597
Conqueror

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 02:29:23 AM »

Unfortunately, no.
P_B
Forums Newbie

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 02:40:39 AM »

Shame.

Thanks though.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: