Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 04:10:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: calculate dimension of 3D nature objects  (Read 207 times)
Description: How to calculate fractal dimension of 3D objects from microscope images
igor.yung
Forums Newbie

« on: August 13, 2015, 03:33:19 PM »

Hello!
Could you please help me with this task:
i have a stack of images from confocal microscope, each image is a xy scan of a human cell, and each image is from different z position of microscopic scanning, so a whole stack is a 3D image of a cell.

I need to know fractal dimension of this image (dimension of a distribution of points in 3D space). Images can be binary, but prefere greyscale, or it can be exported to the file with coordinates and intensites.

I use ImageJ programm to analise microscopic data, it have plugin FracLac, but it works only with 2D images, as i understand. Maybe you know any program (free is it possible), wich can do that task.
thank you)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: