Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 01:50:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Psytrance / Psychedelic Trance / Goa / Forest  (Read 3357 times)
Ryche
Explorer

His Royal Pixellency

OnSeedArtistCollective @onseedonline
« on: July 17, 2015, 12:27:32 AM »

Anybody here listen to or familiar with psytrance?

Psychedelic trance and its associated lifestyles, art, imagery etc draw heavily from fractal art as such. I was curious if we had some listeners here on the board smiley

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 01:19:10 AM »

sure, bsically its my kind of sound wink good for programming, not soooooooooooo good for dancing wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 11:00:54 AM »

definitely one goa-fraggle here! smiley
 Spiral Thingy
not just listening but also producing..
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lBVOhmR9w6o&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/lBVOhmR9w6o&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
I was curious if we had some listeners here on the board smiley
depends on who "we" are wink tell, I'm curious too!

good for programming, not soooooooooooo good for dancing wink
shocked
erm.. nope.. together with d&b its the best for dancing!! at least for me. smiley
I just had the best 4 days with loooooots of dancing at antaris-festival 2 weeks ago..  grin
maybe you just havent yet found the right sug-genre of goa for your taste. my first party was with some utterly hardcore 180bpm, which I left really soon and stopped me from goa parties for the next 4 years. luckily I gave it another chance.. when I came across ace ventura, protonica, I was sold..

though I think there's far too little fractals at most festivals besides some (mostly lame) standard visuals with boring 90s zooms...

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 11:19:18 AM »

i am still working on improving my vj capabilities wink
i am making huge progress lately by faster incorporating shadertoy scripts into the vj mixer software, so i am just using realtime for my follow upcoming vj setups wink

this is a record using my elgato hardware wink

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gj-rPP8AKu0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/gj-rPP8AKu0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Ryche
Explorer

His Royal Pixellency

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 01:01:16 PM »

@Chillheimer

w00t!! Always good to meet another from the tribe.. Nice track. Very old school goa...  A Beer Cup

Progressive Psy artists like Ace Ventura are the best introduction to the genre. I do a fair amount of flyer / poster / album art for the psytrance scene. Will share later.

The 180bpm hi-tec makes sense only in the absolute peak of a trip. Very tough to take more than 3-4 hrs of that.. I personally love the dark, forest sounds.. Some excellent work happening in this space.... Super music -> https://www.mixcloud.com/t0x1cPain/va-emotive-theatre-2014-full-album-mix-dark-forest-psytrance-vantara-vichitra-rec/

@ CKleinhuis

Yeah this really works for programming / design.. Keeps you in the zone for hours without any distractions. Though i must admit dancing to psytrance is the best, esp if its in an open air party. 12-18 hrs of dancing to psytrance is almost like being born again LOL!

Ryche
Explorer

His Royal Pixellency

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 06:08:56 AM »

Couple of nice 4 Track EPs on Ektoplazm

First is dark, driving & very atmospheric, really great for intense work.

ARANYA
Dark Forest

01 - Kosmic Baba - Serpent Gods (150 BPM)
02 - Fraktal Sequence - Reality Distortion Field (149 BPM)
03 - BubbleGuns & Alien Trancesistor - Krunch (148 BPM)
04 - Elf De La Nooi - Carnival Castle (148 BPM)

Liquid Frequency presents Aranya, a 4 track sonic excursion into lush and layered forests. These groove driven dance floor adventures have been conjured by artists from India and the UAE. Aranya, which means ‘forest’ in Sanskrit, showcases productions of the next generation, mastered by a veteran of the style: Monno @ Bimmelim Soundlabs. The artwork features paintings by Viraag Desai and digital design by Yidam.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/aranya

2nd is more relaxed, great for a more groovy atmosphere for work.

AATMAN
Progressive Forest

01 - Yark Mandala - Unsquare (127 BPM)
02 - Dar Kapo - Bicycle Day (133 BPM)
03 - Elf De La Nooi - Echoz In My Head (131 BPM)
04 - S.O.N.R - Contortia (130 BPM)

Liquid Frequency presents Aatman, the second release in the Nature-Being-Machine trilogy. While Aranya vibrated with the sounds of the forest and the wilderness, the slower-paced Aatman resonates with the environment of human beings as they visit those strange places that are the products of the imagination. This release takes the sounds of everyday life into deeper realms of the psyche. Featuring tracks by Yark Mandala (India), Dar Kapo (India), Elf De La Nooi (U.A.E.), and S.O.N.R (India). Mastered by Monno @ Bimmelim Soundlabs, with paintings by Viraag Desai and digital design by Yidam.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/aatman

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:16:53 AM by Ryche » Logged

Xenodimensional
Navigator

Nothing cannot be

beau.deeley
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 05:09:58 AM »

Full power, no shower ;-)

Darkpsy/hitech/twisted/chunk does it for me :::-)

causality ignores the persecutory illusions of free will
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: