Logo by Fractal Ken - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:58:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: QScripting Fragmentarium  (Read 6401 times)
Description: RFC:QScripting Fragmentarium
Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2016, 07:39:51 PM »

Is this still working in the newest version? Rendering presets does not seem to work here if I run one of the test-scripts, only for the default-preset for some reason, and loading from the commandline won't render even the 'default':}
But, IF it's all working (and it's me why it isn't here  grin), I have a question: is there a way to have fragmentarium load script and .frag, render, and then after completing the task shutdown the program?

sabine62.deviantart.com
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2016, 09:26:42 PM »

just did some testing angry the last working script control is v1.0.23

it's supposed to be like this...

Code:
cd %HOME%\Fragmentarium\
Fragmentarium-1.0.23.exe -s fqScript\renderPresets.fqs Triumvirate_Files\Triumvirate.frag

this is not automagic, you have to create a script (like the example) that has render commands for each preset

I will try to figure out what happened between 1.0.23 and 1.0.29 but for now it's broken, sorry about that sad

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2016, 11:38:06 PM »

found it  cheesy GUI event processing needed a tweak, will update the exe in the repo asap  embarrass

edit: exe in repo is now updated, script loading and execution from cmdline works on the test machine.

use the MaintenanceTool.exe to update your installation wink
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 12:04:21 AM by 3dickulus, Reason: update » Logged

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2016, 01:30:16 PM »

this is not automagic, you have to create a script
That's what I did:) I tried the commandline option with a script I derived from your renderpresets.fqs (nothing changed in there except for the preset- and output-names) and  a .frag-file.

The derived preset-fqs did work when started within the program, in so far that it does render the default-preset and saves it to file, but not any other preset. Something goes very wrong when it tries to app.applyPresetByName (btw, is its variable declared as String?), because it tries to load the preset, does not succeed as far as I can see and then hangs in trying to render. In the Variable Editor I can see that the preset is active. I then have to abort the render, stop the script, enable animation and only then then the preset is visible on screen. This is how it worked with the original version of Fragm. With the update, it does not even render the default!  embarrass

When starting the 'old' FragM from the commandline, it would nicely load the script and .frag, but then hang on trying to render the default-preset already, behaviour as up here.

When you have the time and energy to look in to this... I am down with flu since waking up this morning, so brain is temporarily (I hope :}) on a holiday anyway, so certainly no rush!

sabine62.deviantart.com
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2016, 02:01:46 PM »

funny, I ran the example and it rendered all presets huh?

let me see your .fqs script please

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2016, 05:53:39 PM »

See attachment: I changed only preset names and output-names and set the setFrameSpec to (64,36,1,10) instead of (64,36,60,60) ,because that latter setting gave me an error telling me that the image would be 48000x27000 and that that was way too big:} I thought it's supposed to mean an image rendered as 64x36 px, multiplied by 60 (=3840x2160), with 60 subframes?

The buffer in the mainwindow does not change and the script gets its buffer size from the HiRes&Animation dialogue (which I don't touch before running the script! It's a fresh start every time). Behaviour also seems to depend on whether FragM is in Animation- or Progressive rendermode. Also: debugging is more difficult because although fragmentarium is closed, its process is still running and must be closed with taskman.

crazy eyes Only found out about that just now sick

* testpresets.zip (0.71 KB - downloaded 53 times.)

sabine62.deviantart.com
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2016, 04:29:48 AM »

Ok, event handling is a bit off between wine and genuine windows box, got it working as it should... here at least wink

run the MaintenanceTool for an update

if the "Build" button turns yellow when applying a preset from a script you need to add app.initializeFragment(); immediately after applying a preset or you will be rendering with locked variables set to their old values from the last preset.

script ...

app.applyPresetByName("AwesomePreset")
  app.initializeFragment();
  // we need to adjust the filename for each preset
  app.setOutputBaseFileName("testscript1.png");
  // if the user wants to stop rendering break before next image
  if(!app.scriptRunning()) break;
  // render an image
  app.tileBasedRender();

... script

// size of tiled/frame to render
  setFrameSpec(64,36,60,10);

^   ^  ^  ^  this should render 3840x2160 with 10 subframes

let me know if this patch works for you cheesy

edit: when run from the cmdline this way...

> cd %HOME%\Fragmentarium\ <return>
> Fragmentarium-1.0.29 -s fqScript\renderPresets.fqs Triumvirate_Files\Triumvirate.frag <return>

...the default render mode at startup and for rendering tiled images is Progressive and should not change when executing the script
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:14:43 AM by 3dickulus, Reason: clarity » Logged

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2016, 03:49:06 PM »

Fantastic, Dick, works like a charm, from commandline as well! And in the resolution I specify...  Thank you!  A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup

sabine62.deviantart.com
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2016, 02:57:49 AM »

I streamlined the GUI event handling for the progress dialog a bit to make it work the same on both windows and linux (haven't tested on OSX though) so it might even be a little faster wink

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2016, 10:32:39 AM »

I surely does feel as if it's quicker!

sabine62.deviantart.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: