Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 03:03:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: A bunch of tweaks (GLSL)  (Read 1192 times)
Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« on: June 28, 2015, 02:50:14 PM »

Hey all,

I've been playing with fragmentarium recently and added a few tweaks that I'd like to share with you.
I used 3dickulus 1.0.6 build and mostly built on Kn2 raytracer.

Here's what I've got and the frags will follow shortly:
  • Added Box and Sphere folding to Quaternion classic fractal
  • Added box culling (at the moment it merged with a DE formula, but maybe there's a more independent and elegant way of putting that together)
  • Added fractal repositioning (scale, rotate, translate) and twisting (IQ way)
  • Tweaked IQ Clouds that way, that now it supports 2 different levels of clouds with separate directions, speeds etc…

Tweaked the Kn2 raytracer so that we have:
  • Sunlight (global, directional, no decay, has shadows)
  • Spotlight (positional, with shadow, glow and volumetrics)
  • Support for multiple spotlights would be a cool thing, but would require a bit different approach and would be good to have tweaks on the Cpp side to dynamically add light instances
  • Better FOV for camera - now it supports either horizontal FOV input (in degrees) or film gate width and focal length of the lens
  • Tweaked camera so that now it includes 3dickulous keyframes and also extra Eye" and Target" vectors adding to the base layer that allow for scripted camera transformations

The last thing is particularly usable for adding simple camera movements (linear).
Thanks to that camera and other parameters can react to the external data. I explored this workflow to allow for 2 things:
- creating and exporting camera in external 3rd party software and importing it for use in Frag for compositing
- creating and exporting sound keys and importing them in frag to animate morphs and changes of the scene reactively to the music. This require a bit more insight, but I'll shortly post a tutorial and examples on how to do it.

I'll be happy to share frags as soon as my workstation is done rendering yesterday's batch. Currently it's a bit unresponsive wink

Visual Artist, Director & Cinematographer specialized in emerging imaging techniques.
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 04:42:41 PM »

Sounds great - and pleast post some samples of your works as well - I would love to how this looks!
Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 05:36:02 PM »

Here are frags.

I included a few simple presets demonstrating some of the features, but that's just top of the iceberg.
As you add all this stuff it's becoming slightly slower, particularly with volumetrics.
Probably lighting part could be further optimized.

Visual Artist, Director & Cinematographer specialized in emerging imaging techniques.
Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 05:42:00 PM »

And for a taste of where these tools take me artistically check these:

https://www.behance.net/kizny/wip
http://labs.kizny.com/

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 10:59:43 PM »

nice smiley I'll be checking it out over this week,  it sounds good.
thanks for the contribution wink

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 11:38:40 PM »

Sliced.

* 10-2.00219.jpg (204.34 KB, 1280x500 - viewed 289 times.)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: