Logo by stardust4ever - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 05:24:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: looking for develoment of a formula - Paid work  (Read 1793 times)
tryptophan
Safarist

« on: May 19, 2015, 10:28:31 PM »

Hello everyone, I have job coming up where I need to have a realtime lightning effect. My original plan was to do a GPU based L-System running in a geometry shader (extruding geometry). It is possible but I'm thinking it will be difficult to create something on the caliber the job requires. Then just this morning I was thinking why not come up with DE formula and render it using a ray marcher. I already have both some surface and volume rendering engines I just need to develop the formula.

The only problem is that I don't have a lot of time, so I thought why not ask one of the brilliant people on the fractal forums if they would like to write a formula for me which I could pay them for?

If you feel have the skills and the time and are interested please shoot me a message. We'll need to start development mid next week.

Basically we would need to have lightning start at a particular position (3d) and then the forks would have to end at another position (relatively close to it at least). We would also need to write out the depth data (which I already have at least my surface renderer) in order to comp the lighting with another 3d render of the scene (regular OpenGL geometry). Also this would all need to be GPU fragment shader based in order achieve realtime frame rates.

If your interested (Kali, Ellie, Darkbeam, 3dickulus, Syntopia etc...) please contact me via my email:

Keith@the-summit.ca

thanks!
Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: