Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 03:38:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Easy Work-around for weird bug ...  (Read 1457 times)
Description: How to reset ManyFractals to Safe Default Values
rickz65
« on: December 02, 2009, 01:39:54 AM »

A new user to manyfractals asked me about a weird bug they hit. Goto: http://www.skytopia.com/stuff/mf1.png to see what it looks like. What happens is the plane coordinates get all messed up, as do some other parameters used to make an image. The screen shot posted looks like the High Y is the same value as the low Y, and the result is a real boring 'linear' fractal. A quick easy way to fix this is to click the 'Clear All Images' button, which looks like a white piece of paper with one corner folded over. 2 Message Boxes will come up, the first asking if you want to save the current image as the first image of the new list, Click NO. The second box asks if you want to retain the image's equation info. , click NO. This will reset much of what manyfractals uses to make an image. The image size gets reset to 500 x 500, the equation to Z^2 + C, bailout (abs(Z)) to 2, and the plane coordinates to -2-2i and 2+2i . Also a number of internal state variables get reset, and of course, all the images and their associated data get dumped. This is a great way of 'fixing' a small number of glitches that are still in the code somewhere. I've looked for them, but the bugs have rather random timing, and seem to be memory related, aka hard to reproduce on demand. 
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: