Logo by DarkBeam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 11:09:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: My initial ideas for continued development to MB3D  (Read 11640 times)
ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 05:58:35 PM »

First of all, many thanks for taking this on! I got into Mb3d after development stopped, so I've done all my learning with the current interface, but here are a few things I'd like to see, if we're doing wishlists:

1) Rule-of-three guidelines (optional) in the Navi, to help with composition.

2) It would be great if the diffuse-color-from-map option affected the Navi as well as the main window, but I suspect that would be trickier.

3) Import/export of gradients from other programs would be nice too, but I think someone else already mentioned that one.

4) Easier browsing for color maps and backgrounds, perhaps not limited to a pre-set directory. I guess the problem there is that you don't want to be giving away a map of your hard drive organization with the params ...

GTh Fere
Forums Newbie

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 10:22:56 PM »

About some planned new features (such as export to .obj, rendering on gpu, etc.) - may it be release this as external console utilites?
One of prefer this way is not crash the main tool - Mandelbulb 3d.
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 11:52:33 AM »

About some planned new features (such as export to .obj, rendering on gpu, etc.) - may it be release this as external console utilites?
At least the geometry-export will probably implemented as external tool (which is transparently called from the main app), because this way it could be used also from other software and it would be easier to create a 64bit-version, which may be necessary for huge meshes.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 12:11:41 AM »

haha, and my 5 cents for features:

please include a layering mechanism, it should be doable to separate the formula definition and define multiple formulas to combine really different 3dfracts together, along with the reflection and MC (monte carlo rendering) it is opening up huge possibilities!  angel

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2015, 01:59:52 AM »

please include a layering mechanism, it should be doable to separate the formula definition and define multiple formulas to combine really different 3dfracts together, along with the reflection and MC (monte carlo rendering) it is opening up huge possibilities!  angel
Sounds interesting, but could you please explain this more, grouping/layering of formulas I understand, but what do you mean with the reference to reflection and MC? That this could create visually appealling images, especially when relection or the MC-renderer is used?

Andreas
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2015, 03:49:02 AM »

in another thread a user wanted to place a jerusalem cube above a mandelbox and show it only through reflection in the surface ( or something wink ) which would not be possible without a layering mechanism, the MC reference was just my excitement, realistic looking images with parametrized positioning/creation of the scene contents to create scenes like descripted in the begining of this post are not possible right now ... as far as i know

---

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2015, 04:33:30 AM »

Okay, got it :-)
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2015, 09:20:08 AM »

in another thread a user wanted to place a jerusalem cube above a mandelbox and show it only through reflection in the surface ( or something wink ) which would not be possible without a layering mechanism, the MC reference was just my excitement, realistic looking images with parametrized positioning/creation of the scene contents to create scenes like descripted in the begining of this post are not possible right now ... as far as i know

It is possible to do today with de-combinate, here is an early example of my own:

(or do I misunderstand you Christian? )

Here are the example parameters I posted in the other thread Christian mentioned.

Sorry C, but it sounds like something which has been there for quite a while wink

Mandelbulb3Dv18{
g....kG....Y/...w....2....kozRIb5ZcB.1cYCgnAfT3ET75LgOFuTwfDRexvPhIvzeXZQK//uBzj
................................gkda61E/Ez1........Y.d..................y.2...wD
...Uz6....E0..../M.0/.....Uu....S0....E3.....waApu1VPotD/..........m/dkpXm1.OaNa
y.....kD12../..........wz.................................U0.....y1...sD...../..
.z1...sDYt/FwEs4Ry1..........KT5Ya2GMTgjlRaIqnB13vXz03vLgWpWzIUhzYvAmatDP5S9PCjN
quXp5Sqin6Pazq8.ap3fMhsDU.....I1..............sD.6....sD..G.....................
.............oAnAt1...sD....zw1.........................................J....k1.
.....Ksulz1.......kz.wzzz1.U..6.P....M2...EB....m....c3....F....6/...I1.....SF52
...U.W1KEyzlciszsU3YzTAe906.oc..zzSi...MarH7iXyD6oa4dabdnz1..........2.28.kFrA0.
.Ub96aAIVz9.1se7Umvxz0........../EU0.wzzz1...........s/...................E.2c..
zzzz.............0...................2./8.kzzzD............8....................
/EU0.wzzz1....................................8cU0.E./2Ezz/cU08../2E.tzDU08c..2E
./IzT/8cU0.E./2EQs5cU08../2E./bTU08c..2E./2ly/8cU0.E./2EMw5cU08../2E.lqTU08c..2E
./2kz/8cU0.E./2E...cU08czz/cU08cyz1cU08cxz3cU08c................................
E6...A..V6E.....2....A....EEh3aSdtqNU6oPs/UQ..........................k/9.......
...................../........yD........kz1.....................................
................................................................................
.....................2.....3....6....w3Jm3aPnlKMoJqEoE4.........................
........................................h.2.......U4./..........................
................................................................................
................................/....E/....0....8BIRWJqA........................
..........U3....................ux7QLabUOz1...................zD........kz1.....
...wz.........zD........kz1........0./..........................................
............................................}
{Titel: main paras~}

...so an extention of the DE.combinate is what we are looking for I assume...  afro

However, more formula tabs and possibility to de-combinate several hybrids would be great... Maybe that is what you meant?  afro
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:43:40 AM by KRAFTWERK » Logged

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2015, 12:19:02 PM »

oh, i see, yes but separation to separated independent formulas would be more comfortable cheesy especially because you cant combine everything with de combinate (or i am wron!? ) and you are not as free to combine anything, because: de combinate allows just to recombinate base-formulas, but not multiple hybrids in a single image wink

---

KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2015, 01:45:01 PM »

oh, i see, yes but separation to separated independent formulas would be more comfortable cheesy especially because you cant combine everything with de combinate (or i am wron!? ) and you are not as free to combine anything, because: de combinate allows just to recombinate base-formulas, but not multiple hybrids in a single image wink

You are wrong wink you can mix two hybrids, you can decide to make the "mix" between f.ex formula 1-3 and 4-6 or 1-2 and 3-6. I can post an example later...
...or you could read the read me file in m3d wink
But you can only mix two hybrids (or base formulas).
I can't see the difference in this way and the one you try to describe...

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2015, 03:03:31 PM »

yeah, my approach just gives more intuitive creation, and more possibilities (e.g. 10 mboxes) and furthermore when separating the formula definitions completely from eachother for a layer, different colors for each would be possible as well, right now it seems to work as you describe, but hides some obvious possibilities (limit to 5 hybrid formulas, global color set up )

---

KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2015, 04:11:54 PM »

OK, I get it. Possibility to have seperate colors wood be awesome! Good thinking C! smiley

Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2015, 08:00:01 PM »

Actually, you can manipulate color somewhat by changing the number of iterations per hybrid. If you do this right, you can use one part of the palette for one hybrid and one part for the other. But your discussion provoked another thought: It would be perfect if you could assign different maps to the separate hybrids!  grin. Would that be feasible Andreas?

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2015, 08:55:22 PM »

just dont even think about making such workarounds possible, it would all be gone if a single "hybrid formula" can live happily side by side with many others

---

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2015, 02:29:40 AM »

Would that be feasible Andreas?
Really need to check this in more detail later (and also the code) to be able to give a stressabe answer. But I think I have understand the problem, or at least the major part of it :-)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: