Logo by Tglad - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 10:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: I have solved for π this math works, but it isn't penetrating mainstream!  (Read 1408 times)
Description: solution for π
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 12:30:48 PM »

Before I risk visiting your website  (and as of now it is still on my Highly Suspicious Website list)  (ESPECIALLY having read of the troubles downloading a simple pdf file!)  I will need you to somehow convince me that all that stuff is anything other than meaningless nonsense.

I tried to sit through this video, which you can embed here by posting the correct URL instead of the strange link you posted:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PJ61jToN7L0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/PJ61jToN7L0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Now that is absolutely meaningless!  There is nothing there at all besides The Cantor Set.  What is it trying to say besides promote some obscure music?

I have no idea if you are on to anything new here or not, and and am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you are incapable of stating the very basics of your point without posting outside links - I am not interested.

That only indicates that you don't understand it clearly enough yourself to explain it to others.

So I guess we're back to - Please try again.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
kevinmorais
Explorer

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 04:22:11 PM »

I have tried to "read" it but it looks meaningless.
Also I have seen thousands of formulas in my own life but noone looked like
(A=B->C)/(D=E->F)

sad

Explain us the meaning of that "notation"?
Dave I'm sorry I cannot make it any simpler than that...it works, I'm sorry ur struggling with grade 6 math....I can't help you Dave, I'm sorry sad
kevinmorais
Explorer

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 04:55:13 PM »

Here is the Grade 6 Children Math Book Where We Solve For π....

Page 1....

Page 2....

Page 3....

Page  4...

Page 5...

Page 6....

Page 7...

Page 8....Proof for π equations can be found on page 6....

Page 9....

Page 10...from this new math where we use "Nominalism" and π is 1 wave over wave frequency, and we count "INTO" 1 as OPPOSED To Counting FROM 1 Like Monkeys, we can now see a new Periodic Table of CHARGED Elements...not Particles but waves...here is the beginning of the Table....

This is only an experiment of a new design of Periodic table of Charged Elements, I've rewritten all the Atoms as Wave over wave frequency, just trying to place them better...this is an old table, I have no money to upload any newer tables

This is the 1+ Table, I view them as waves but to help people here out, I put numbers in place of waves....I developed this in grade 2....this is how long I have been working on fractal binary, its been 40 years in development....

This is the table in 2 dimensions but has symmetry

This is how I feel....and this is my happy place and everyone is invited smiley when I Prove the Math and I.....Ignite....The.....Atmosphere....On....Fire smiley by Late April, and this isn't a joke, you really can lite Air on fire with this new math....so proof ye need proof ye shall get smiley I've sort of kind of had it smiley

Oh and to the Wonderful Mod...can you please remove all those comments and images about me being a Troll as their deflecting away from this thread and not relavent to this discussion.  Anyone complaining about this new math where we count using π please add 4+7 as string fractions first before you Objectively without emotion or feeling discus with me, Walter Lewin the MIT Physcis professor cannot even add simple string Fractions it seems...yes if you could be ever so kind and remove any comments not pertaining to this discussion in a friendly serious manner that would be appreciated smiley
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 05:06:06 PM by kevinmorais » Logged
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 04:56:26 PM »

Ok, now I do want proof.  police

Bring me some videos of 6th graders, who can show that they fully understand the vague stuff you're trying to communicate about. Proof that this is the level of grade 6 math.

By the way, most of us here on FF have passed the 6th grade (or the local equivalent) without much problems on the math related subjects.
eiffie
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »

As an objective friend I don't think lighting the atmosphere is ... a ... good ... idea. (right now)
Taking a walk in the fresh air will be much more productive. You didn't really want to be mainstream anyways did you?
Keep the math as our little secret.
kevinmorais
Explorer

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2015, 05:26:49 PM »

As an objective friend I don't think lighting the atmosphere is ... a ... good ... idea. (right now)
Taking a walk in the fresh air will be much more productive. You didn't really want to be mainstream anyways did you?
Keep the math as our little secret.

OK I won't light the atmosphere on fire yet....I'll just write the doomsday equation, the math does work...its like trying the teach a monkey how to light fire with 2 stones...but if I can get my rocks to work, I will ingnite the air as best I can, I'll come back with the Doomsday Equation K?   wink
eiffie
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 05:40:17 PM »

I think it would be better to hide the doomsday equation in an art piece! That way only those who understand it can read it. The rest will just think it is art. I look forward to it.
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 08:22:50 PM »

definitely trolling the way the silly rhetoric with the grade 6 and the nuclear holocaust stuff never changes, celebrating pi day a few days late with a prank   afro
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:25:12 PM by quaz0r » Logged
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 09:22:44 PM »

I can now finally see what you are doing in pages 6, 7 and in the 1+ table.
You are really just encoding integers in wave-packages with frequencies of powers of 2.
The encoding is such that the time to transmit the signal would remain constant no matter how large the integer. Though to transmit higher and higher integers, you need to generate higher and higher frequencies and so to transmit infinity, you'd need an infinite amount of energy. - at some point long before that, though, you'd just reach the energy density limit.

It indeed isn't that hard but the lack of explanations makes it incredibly obscure.

Your notation is absolutely terrible although there is some twisted logic to it once it becomes clear what you even mean.

Now what I still do not get at all is the Jewelz Sets of yours. They are super weird, funky and unnecessarily complex.

So what you do is, you apply the following algorithm:

You keep halving your values, dropping the stuff past the dot:

9 \to 4 \to 2 \to 1
It took four steps to do it, so s, the number of "physical wave sequences" is 4.
A different way to calculate this would be s = \left\lceil\log_2\left(9\right)\right\rceil = 4 (where \left\lceil\cdot\right\rceil is the ceiling-function and means you must round up.)

The way your encoding works, integers take at most two frequencies, the higher of which being double the lower frequency. That's what you mean by "Total High" and "Low Physical frequencies" respectively. - That's how many repetitions of full cycles of the higher / lower frequency you need to represent your number, respectively.

You find these values with a couple more calculations:

First you find what you call the "low wave potential" which is the frequency of the lower of the two waves (so the "high wave potential" would automatically be twice that).

L'=2^{s-1}

so for the above example, L'=2^{4-1}=2^3=8.

From there you find the number of repetitions of the higher frequency through the simple formula H=2\left(T-L'\right) where we just calculated L' and T is the original integer, so
H=2\left(9-8\right)=2.

Now, from the original number and the number of high frequency repetitions needed, you calculate the number of low frequency repetitions.

L = T - H = 9 - 2 = 7

So now we know that you need L=7 repetitions of a L'=8 Hz wave and H=2 repetitions of a H'=2L'=16 Hz wave (if you choose your frequency unit to be Hz)

In other words, you can write "9" as \frac{2}{16}th seconds of a 16Hz wave followed by \frac{7}{8}th seconds of an 8Hz wave.
You write this as \frac{7}{8}9\frac{2}{16}

For some reason you choose to write your waves high first low last while, in the fraction notation, you use low first high last. This seems a little inconsistent but ok, if that was the only problem with your notation, it wouldn't be nearly as confusing. I'd probably write this as something like 2_{16} 7_8 or, since the denominators are always powers of 2, one could also write 2_4 7_3 or, since the lower frequency always is twice the higher frequency, one could also write 2_4 7 and the notation would be well-defined without redundancies. The subscript simply denotes what power of two the higher frequency should be. So you need 2 full cycles of a 2^4Hz wave, followed by 7 cycles of a 2^{4-1}=2^3Hz wave.

Furthermore, you add an extra step. I'm not quite sure at this point whether you add it because the "low wave potential" L' doesn't always equal the necessary lower frequency, and it just so happens to do so in case of 9 or this step (step 7) is redundant.

Ok so to summarize, you found an interesting way to write down any integer in a compact form that always just needs two "digits" of varying power.

And you found a pattern of addition of integers in a table. (The "+1 table").

All fine and dandy.

But what is that supposed to do? A new, convoluted way to write down numbers. Woo.Hoo.

How do those numbers help at all with addition?
How do you do multiplication, division, powers or any other interesting operation?
How do you write down fractions or decimal numbers or...?
And other than that pi defines half the edge-length of a full circle which is linked to cycles and waves, what does all this have to do with pi?

Even after this frankly over-patient effort to understand, most of this seems overly complex or redundant and there is nothing explaining your two "Periodic Table of Charged Elements"s.

I still don't get what half of your notation even means - it appears redundant.

Note that I managed to write the equations I grasped above in straight forward, traditional notation just fine. I even shortened your apparently purely iterative approach to find L' to a single function call. It's less redundant and it's clearer.
Perhaps you, hopefully understanding yourself what you even mean, can write down the rest of the content in the posted pages in a more traditional, less redundant manner?

Edit:
Here is an example arbitrarily chosen for 1337:

T=1337\\<br />s=\left\lceil\log_2\left(1337\right)\right\rceil=11\\<br />L'=2^{s-1}=2^{10}=1024\\<br />H'=2L'=2048\\<br />H=2\left(T-L'\right)=626\\<br />L=T-H=711\\<br />\Rightarrow\\<br />1337=626_{11}711=\frac{711}{1024}1337\frac{626}{2048}

I bet (though I didn't attempt to actually read that) this Jewelz Set is something like an iteration on the above:
You could convert 626 and 711 in a similar fashion:

T=626\\<br />s=\left\lceil\log_2\left(626\right)\right\rceil=10\\<br />L'=2^{s-1}=2^{9}=512\\<br />H'=2L'=1024\\<br />H=2\left(T-L'\right)=228\\<br />L=T-H=398\\<br />\Rightarrow\\<br />626=228_{10}398=\frac{398}{512}626\frac{228}{1024}

T=711\\<br />s=\left\lceil\log_2\left(711\right)\right\rceil=10\\<br />L'=2^{s-1}=2^{9}=512\\<br />H'=2L'=1024\\<br />H=2\left(T-L'\right)=398\\<br />L=T-H=313\\<br />\Rightarrow\\<br />711=398_{10}313=\frac{313}{512}711\frac{398}{1024}

and having those two you could also write
1337 = 626_{11}711 = \left(228_{10}398\right)_{11}\left(398_{10}313\right)
etc. and you could repeat that until you get minimal values everywhere. This causes a tree of sorts of notations which, in your convoluted notation, might approach something that looks like those Jewelz Sets.

Edit: Apparently the TeX plugin is confused as to how it decides to show \lceil and \rceil. I don't think I've done anything to cause it to alternate between single and double bar. Not sure what's up with that. I'm still hoping you'll eventually adopt the much better-looking math-jax. I know you don't like additional java scripts and what not but the TeX plugin this forum uses just is so finnicky. It can't even ignore multi-spaces. It just reads them as syntax error. And then it does weird formatting nonsense like the above.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 11:06:32 PM by kram1032 » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2015, 09:49:52 PM »

...Oh and to the Wonderful Mod...can you please remove all those comments and images about me being a Troll as their deflecting away from this thread and not relavent to this discussion.  Anyone complaining about this new math where we count using π please add 4+7 as string fractions first before you Objectively without emotion or feeling discus with me, Walter Lewin the MIT Physcis professor cannot even add simple string Fractions it seems...yes if you could be ever so kind and remove any comments not pertaining to this discussion in a friendly serious manner that would be appreciated smiley

Sorry, but we don't lightly delete members' posts.  They can edit the posts themselves if they choose to do so.  And honestly, at the time they were made they were entirely appropriate.  

I feel compelled to point out that I would sincerely hope you set the atmosphere on fire!  It can only help the world situation politically, so please do so promptly and with alacrity.  It would certainly put an abrupt end to all confusion about what you are trying to say here and nobody would ever see the posts you asked to have removed  afro

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:51:33 PM by Sockratease » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
youhn
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2015, 03:03:56 AM »

..., I'll come back with the Doomsday Equation K?   wink

No.

Please reply to:

Bring me some videos of 6th graders, who can show that they fully understand the vague stuff you're trying to communicate about. Proof that this is the level of grade 6 math.

Which was posted earlier.

Or else I ask you to please get lost quick as lightning, which is actually the sky on fire.
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2015, 03:28:15 AM »

get lost quick as lightning, which is actually the sky on fire.

dancing banana hitting butt  dancing chilli
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 12:08:21 AM »

Sorry but I really have to drop this classic article here: http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

Regarding point 8, although there is no reference to "Einstien", "Hawkins" or "Feynmann", I think I saw "Kaki" in there somewhere cheesy

Ryan D
Alien

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 09:11:50 PM »

Here is the Grade 6 equivalent that some are looking for ...

https://isotropic.org/papers/chicken.pdf

Ryan
youhn
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2015, 09:22:56 PM »

confused

rolling on floor laughing
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: