Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:21:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 3D lenticular pictures of mandelbulbs on eBay  (Read 4534 times)
itsikw
Forums Freshman

« on: February 17, 2015, 09:31:36 PM »

I have just listed a few 3D lenticular pictures of mandelbulbs on eBay: http://pop3dart.webstoreplace.com/. Anybody interested in such art is welcome to have a look, and any feedback will be appreciated.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 10:33:34 PM »

What?

No pictures??

I wouldn't expect anybody to follow your commercial links without at least a sample picture to get an idea of what awaits them first    bubble gum

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 12:26:15 AM »

lenticular images with fractals are quite cool, but i have actually no idea how they actually look, can you move a camera around it and record?

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 12:38:04 AM »

I also find them quite cool, but presenting only a link with big Dollar-signs is not really a good presentation for me ;-) I also do not understand the eBay-aspect.

itsikw
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 04:27:57 PM »

What?

No pictures??

I wouldn't expect anybody to follow your commercial links without at least a sample picture to get an idea of what awaits them first    bubble gum
You are perfectly right, my big mistake. I attach here two images of one of the pictures, "SuperNova". They are (simulated) snapshots from two extreme viewing directions, showing the difference in perspective. These two pictures can be viewed as a stereo pair. The real picture is made up from 12 frames taken from different viewing directions, and can be seen in 3D without any visual aids.
lenticular images with fractals are quite cool, but i have actually no idea how they actually look, can you move a camera around it and record?
There are gif animations of all listed pictures (as well as others) in my website www.yitzhakweissman.com. Unfortunately eBay does not support gif animations.
Please have patience with me, I will learn and improve.

* SuperNova2.jpg (32.64 KB, 200x269 - viewed 464 times.)

* SuperNova1.jpg (32.89 KB, 200x269 - viewed 474 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: