Logo by simon.snake - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 11:23:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Ultrafractal and Flame  (Read 4469 times)
Description: Trying to get ultrafractal to render flame file
thyrymn
Forums Newbie

« on: February 16, 2015, 05:46:46 PM »

The wiki's and such say it can be done, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to load.  Ultrafractal want upr's, ufr's, etc...not .flames

How do I load a .flame?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 06:34:32 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

I did a quick search through the help files for UF and it seems it can make and render Flame Fractals, but not import .flame files.  It probably saves any flame fractals it makes as ufr files.

If there is a way, and you checked the wiki then I checked the help files / manual, it's not clear.

Sorry I don't have better news, but it does not seem possible from here.  Why do you ask?

I can suggest jwildfire as a better flame program than apophysis if that is what you are seeking, but I'm not sure why you'd want to load a .flame into UF - so I'll wait...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
thyrymn
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 07:00:09 PM »

I've been using jwildfire, I'm attracted to ultra because I have lots of excess computing power in the house and online and could render faster using its networking features.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 07:18:56 PM »

Well, I've never gotten the hang of UF.

It looks from the help files that it's very slow as it is not a supported type and depends on secondary functions to render.  That, plus being 32 bit, should make your experiment interesting!  Hopefully you can get it working   evil

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
fractalrebel
Fractal Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 09:30:08 PM »

Apophysis 2.02 has an export upr option.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: